Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: start of dixie conversion  (Read 3817 times)

jaguarfold

start of dixie conversion
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:18:03 pm »

hi all just thought id share a couple of pics of the start of my dixie coversion see what people think of new layout and listen to any coments or ideas so this is day one hope you like

john1951

Re: start of dixie conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:22:58 am »

Hi, I feel that you will need plenty of ballast low down in the hull to balance out what you have installed on deck.
          Whats the reason for the battery, switch and Rx being fitted above deck ? (not being critical, just interested thats all !).

jaguarfold

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:09 am »

thanks for comment i have put them in there as they are well above water no chance of getting wet the ballast shouldnt be a problem as using an sla battery to power my deans kondor motor also using stick on wheel balancing whieghts to level it out also the good hieght of rx should give good range

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »

Yes, have to agree with John, your main batteries are very high above the waterline, rendering her top heavy....
..... the Seaport is not the most stable of boats.

But try it and see, you may get away with it.   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Roger in France

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:51 pm »

The height of your RX will make no difference, I think. Even the height of the RX aerial makes little difference as normally you will be unable to see her well enough to control her before signal strength becomes a problem.

If enough water gets into the hull to damage the electronics you will have other problems....like floating!

Even putting your RX in a plastic bag (well secured around the wires) will protect from small splashes.

Roger in France

jaguarfold

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:24:23 pm »

thanks for advice but think you got me wrong the battery in the pic is my rx battery my main battery is an sla in the main hull as low as possible

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 12:12:18 am »

Ahhhhhhh!  .... nuff said.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

jaguarfold

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 12:29:27 am »

been  while but time to update on my conversion sunday too her to wilton park sunday great bunch at kmbc thanks for the great friendly welcome running gear all worked well even though she did sit very high in the water and got up on the plane at full throtle but all that should be sorted now took 2kilo (4.4lbs old money ) to get her to sit in the water at a good hieght will test again this sunday then its just cosmetic work by the way complete she now wieghs just over 4kilos (8.6lbs ) let you know how it goes try get some pics

jaguarfold

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »

hi  again took tug out today final water resrs looks good sits nic here is a couple of pics

jaguarfold

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 11:14:13 pm »

further update had tug out last week at kmbc tried to tow there tug barge no power so now Ive removed the prop shaft and screw and replace them with a stuffed prop shaft and a 50mm four blade Kort screw hoping to get out this weekend to test new setup will take pics and up date
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.