Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ntl / Virgin Media Email  (Read 1865 times)

The long Build

Ntl / Virgin Media Email
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:04:18 pm »

Just curious in what people who have this Provider think of the new system..

I was originally sceptical of it originally but am actually finding it quite useful, the only think which I did not realise at first was that it has its own spam filter, and these mesages are not sent to your computer. I only found out by accident when some emails I knew had been sent had not arrived and found them in the External spam box..
Other than that I have no issues.

Bee

Re: Ntl / Virgin Media Email
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:27 pm »

Eh? is that more obvious if you are using webmail? With outlook Epress it's just business as usual. Bit of a hiccough when they fiddled with the smtp settings a few weeks ago so lost the ability to send for weeks, but luckily I don't use it as primary channel.

Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:51:26 pm »

That's interesting, I thought I'd try webmail. The login screen went bananas on IE6 which is pretty pathetic as VM use it as their internal corporate browser.
Firefox worked on the laptop though and I was pleasantly suprised by the very clear presentation. My contacts have gone awol though I might not have had any set on this account. Anyway brownie points for being way way better than the miserably cluttered presentation of yahou that btinternet forces on me for webmail on ADSL.

Another plus for the VM side is that I can update my btinternet web pages from the VM cable account but not the other way round.

The long Build

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:59:33 pm »

I use IE as well rather than webmail I have not loaded the VM softaware yet, but if you log onto your email Via Virgin which has always been available but not as advanced ,you could find that you have emails in the spam filter you are not aware of. I found 6 missing emails there.. %%

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:49 pm »

First off thank you to the long build for the heads up I checked mine and found about 150 for the last 28 days , half where not spam, two where important so i will be working out how to send the spam to my desk top for me to decide what is spam and what is not.

I used webmail a lot a few weeks ago with a couple of browsers one was IE6 and had no problems, it's a bit slow compared to 123reg web mail but does the job.

Peter

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:22:02 am »

Thanks for the head up L B I also was unaware of the hidden Spam folder and I found 25 mails there. Fortunately all but one were mainly aimed at enlarging bits and pieces of my person,  ;)  The odd one was from the Lotto telling me about the millions everyone else was going to win, which was a bit disturbing ie Suppose  {-) I had won and the notifying mail had ended up rotting away here 'cos I don't check the papers. Could happen as all the other Lotto bumff seems to come through as regular mail, so the spam filter is not consistent

Mike

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »

Thanks for the head up L B I also was unaware of the hidden Spam folder and I found 25 mails there. Fortunately all but one were mainly aimed at enlarging bits and pieces of my person,  ;)  The odd one was from the Lotto telling me about the millions everyone else was going to win, which was a bit disturbing ie Suppose  {-) I had won and the notifying mail had ended up rotting away here 'cos I don't check the papers. Could happen as all the other Lotto bumff seems to come through as regular mail, so the spam filter is not consistent

Mike

Yes I had a few of them as well , but don't really need them    :} so left them in the spam box.. When you unspam an item it will then allow it to go through as normal.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »

Once I had checked them I killed the lot including the Lottery blurb, but as I am still being exhorted to win a fortune in my in box, I assume that this was a one - off occasion that the watchdog slung it amongst the 'enhancements' !

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.