Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunder Tiger Victoria - what depth of water does it need?  (Read 2325 times)

Chris 432

Thunder Tiger Victoria - what depth of water does it need?
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

I am keen to buy a Thunder Tiger Victoria r/c sailing boat as they seem to be good boats and are generally well thought of. However, I have one big doubt. The pond where I'm planning to sail my boat, at Broomfield Park in north London (UK), is really quite shallow and has a depth in some places of only 9 inches. Can anyone who has a Thunder Tiger Victoria tell me what its draught is? In particular is it 9 inches or less?

Thanks

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Thunder Tiger Victoria - what depth of water does it need?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:23:47 pm »

Hi Chris,
Just been to measure mine for you, from deck level to bottom of keel is just under eleven inches, so you should be perfectly alright in your pond. One pond I sail in is eighteen inches, but in a public park, so there is often all sorts of debris on the bottom, and I've never grounded my Victoria there. Hope this helps.

Danny

Dekan

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »

See my thread on low draft yachts. http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=24550.0... waterline to keel bottom is supposed to be very similar to the Robbe Rainbow 2.....which is about 210mm ish O0

Chris 432

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:24 pm »

Thanks Danny for measuring your Thunder Tiger Victoria. It sounds like its draught is less than 10'', but maybe not as little as 9''.

Also, thanks Dekan for your thread on low draught yachts. Again one person on your thread. One person on there says the Victoria's draught is only 9''. Another says just that its under 10''. I wonder if anyone can confirm the 9'' figure? I have been to measure the depth of the pond again and to get the boat to come right up to the side of the pond it needs to have a draught of only 9''. If it's more then one will have to wade out in order to launch the boat.

Chris

sentry

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:22:29 pm »

Hi Chris, I have one and been told it will sail in 9" of water.
     Regards, Sentry.               
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.