Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: esc / short range  (Read 1604 times)

triumphjon

esc / short range
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:59:03 pm »

i have an mtroniks esc that despite trying it it several different models results in the models haveing short radio range , they merrily work until a couple of feet from me then promptly stop working ?

Prophet

Re: esc / short range
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:32:59 am »

check battery's that there not duff... check receiver its not faulty or burnt out or smells funny, check Ariel cable thats its not really short if it is .. lengthen it to about 40cm...check transmitter for damage .. change to decent AA battery's .. or nice expensive re chargables, make sure the transmitter Ariel is at full length, check trims to make sure there at 0 until you rest your esc then  try resetting esc positions to the transmitter, try disconnecting the middle ( red) cable from the esc and add a 4 cell receiver pack to power the receiver.. move receiver away from motors in case of motor interference if. once you have checked all of them... and its still not working let us know  :-))

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:51:44 am »

From the description, I take it that the problem goes wherever the ESC goes?  In the same model, does a different ESC cure the problem?
On 27MHz, I have had rang problems caused by the aerial wire being broken inside the insulation an inch or two out from the RX.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

regiment

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:35 pm »

i had a montronics in my 5 ft cruiser  changed to action  gose like a speed boat no range worries now 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.