Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Postage Costs  (Read 9839 times)

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Postage Costs
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:54 am »

I think that this action shows the good faith of Crafty Computer Paper, and is to be commended.....Overall, a very good result from a basically ethical company who made a mistake, and admitted it  :-))

It's rare and heartening to hear results like that.

Now, just get them to increase the length of their public key, and they'll start looking quite professional.....

hopeitfloats

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 11:57:51 am »

I had heard of Hopeitfloats bright idea of cutting the hull in half so emailed Models by Design and asked about it. Unfortunately Andy is very "economical" with his replies to my emails. I asked if it was feasible to cut a hull in half , how it would be done and what the costs would be and he came back with "hi ian
yes can do  shipping will be about £75.00  up to 5kg
hope this helps
thanks andy
There was no mention of making flanges or the other costs and I still dont know if in fact the hull I want plus packaging would be less than the 5kg he mentions. The problems of ordering from far aweay are not only with the Mail or freight people! Ian.

i dont know the weight of mine now because its full of batteries and FLJ's fancy gadgets but i'm sure it wouldnt have been more than 5kgs originally. maybe the time and effort to do mine has put him off doing any more like that or could be just that he's too busy. andy was very good with his replies when i was dealing with him. it was a year or two ago though.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 01:10:15 pm »

I had heard of Hopeitfloats bright idea of cutting the hull in half so emailed Models by Design and asked about it. Unfortunately Andy is very "economical" with his replies to my emails. I asked if it was feasible to cut a hull in half , how it would be done and what the costs would be and he came back with "hi ian
yes can do  shipping will be about £75.00  up to 5kg
hope this helps
thanks andy
There was no mention of making flanges or the other costs and I still dont know if in fact the hull I want plus packaging would be less than the 5kg he mentions. The problems of ordering from far aweay are not only with the Mail or freight people! Ian.

Have you tried sending Andy a PM, he is a forum member, his user name is "models by design".
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 01:18:05 pm »

Hey Peter, what are their charges with the UK?
Next time, it may be cheaper to get them to send it to someone here and they post it out to you......
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BrianCartwright

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 02:49:51 pm »

It seems I got off rather lightly.I realy must get out more.
I know the countrys financial system is in crisis,or so we are told but to rely on my small contribution of vat to pay towards FLJs pension beggars belief.
Still it's comforting for me to know the money is not being spent frivously on such things as defence of the country and the like.
I shall sleep all the more soundly tonight knowing that I have in a small way prevented someone starving to death.
I mean this most sincerely friends

Brian(or as it is sometimes spelt on my incoming mail Brain) I wish

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:24 pm »

to rely on my small contribution of vat to pay towards FLJs pension beggars belief.
It was very welcome; thank you, Brian. Liz and I bought a candle and two tins of baked beans with it. Can you import something else now, please, as the candle has burned right down and the cupboard is bare again?   <:(
FLJ

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 11:48:45 pm »

Is not a major contributor in increased Postage that surface mail is no longer available  <:( <:(
in other words all postage goes by aircraft  {:-{ <:(
Consequently a lot of previously shippable or postable items (eg liquid glues, classed as flammable, bulky items, hulls) can no longer be posted because aircraft holds are non pressurised.
Also baggage handler restrictions on weight and size may come into play, OHS requirements, >>:-( <*< hence legnth and weight restriction for post.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

Hey Peter, what are their charges with the UK?
Next time, it may be cheaper to get them to send it to someone here and they post it out to you......

Martin, their UK postage rate for the same order I got is UK 2.99.

I think I will have enough to last me for quite a while but, if I do need more, I have found a supplier in Australia who is much cheaper.

Peter.

BrianCartwright

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 08:14:13 am »

Hi FLJ
I won't be buying anything else at the moment but there are other vat payers out there who are supporting your very worthy cause.
Last night I visualised you doffing your cap reverendly after my revelations but there really is no need.Everyone is equal in this world,agreed some people are more equal than others

Regards  Brian :}

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 10:27:33 am »

And some are going to be more equal after January O0

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

BrianCartwright

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 06:10:05 pm »

Hi FLJ
Some thing has just crossed my mind.
Your tinned beans diet is worrying me a bit.Too many can invoke a severe attack of flatuance.Not a good idea to have lighted candles arround.
I would change to a carrot diet and dispose of the candles as they would no longer be required

Kind regards

Brian

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 03:24:49 pm »

Is not a major contributor in increased Postage that surface mail is no longer available  <:( <:(
in other words all postage goes by aircraft  {:-{ <:(
Consequently a lot of previously shippable or postable items (eg liquid glues, classed as flammable, bulky items, hulls) can no longer be posted because aircraft holds are non pressurised.
Also baggage handler restrictions on weight and size may come into play, OHS requirements, >>:-( <*< hence legnth and weight restriction for post.

Hello Not sure that is the reason as aircraft holds are pressurised, They are part of the pressure vessel design, they are not heated but do not get down to the outside temperature,
kind regards Roy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.