The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Steam

HEMMENS STEAM PLANT

(1/9) > >>

gyronuts:
About 2 years ago i had a Cheddar Pintail that i was having problems with. I took it to John Hemmans who quickly identified and corrected a gas tank problem and the plant worked perfectly thereafter. Visiting John's workshop was amazing. I spied his magnificent steam plants and vowed to aquire such a quality item before I retire.
Recently I obtained a  hemmens steam engine and boiler although not originally purchased as a matched set and without a boiler certificate.
I took the box along to John and asked him to check and certify the boiler, replace / service the unit and fit it onto a plate unit ready to fit into a hull.
Today i picked it up and it was amazing. Looked as good as new. John fired it up and briefed me on how to operate the plant and provided spanners,steam oil ,fill up syringe and instructions including a brand new certificate.
Excellent job John.
 Bill

kno3:
Very nice. How much does the whole unit weigh?

gyronuts:
sorry I have been away on business. Will try and get it weighed by the weekend. Do you want the weight with or without the gas tak? Bill

kno3:
All inclusive, please, to know how big the hull needs to be.

gyronuts:
Hi,
 Will do. I am fitting it into a Krick Victoria. I have removed the superstructure and it seems to fit fine. Shortening the propshaft as well. The krick is 1077 x253 or 43" x 10.12". . More pictures tomorrow.
If you look at John's website www.steamengines.co.uk you will see that his hulls for the plant are 43 to 47" long.
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version