Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what brushless motor would replace a brushed 700 motor  (Read 19893 times)

FullLeatherJacket

Re: what brushless motor would replace a brushed 700 motor
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »

No, Richard - not in the context of the rest of the message. Just a little extravagant in the use of quotation marks, maybe.
Maybe you've forgotten Fred Steer (or Undead Fred, as he became known after his imaginary heart-attack)? He was a very keen over-user of exclamation marks, and left most of our Forum illiteratii in his slipstream. He also used to drive Robin "Kayem" Whitmarsh crazy, so not all bad then, eh?  ;)

BTW just had a pleasant conversation with Dekan - turns out we both worked for the same employer (Model Avionics)! The choice of motor and speed controller has now been made  8)

FLJ

Dekan

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 05:56:12 pm »

Thanks for the help FLJ. Small world aint it   :}...As the motor and speed controller is for a friend, I gave up on a brushless and got a brushed 700 and speed controller...Sorting out the brushless enigma will have to be a long term project...  

mattycoops43

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »

"Just a little extravagant in the use of quotation marks, maybe."

Sarcasm? and shouldn't that have a question mark after it?

I HATE txt spk (text speak), and think I have a reasonable grasp of the language I speak. However, there really are some up tight people on this forum when it comes to grammar and punctuation.

No it wasn't sarcasm at all. I was just stepping aside for someone who knows boats more than me, before I made myself look silly, whilst attempting to help somebody.

I hope that is all spelt ok, it is the best I can do. I hate spell checker etc, as I think we should be able to do it without, but that means I don't always get everything right.

Matt

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 04:50:02 am »

However, there really are some up tight people on this forum when it comes to grammar and punctuation.  :-)) O0 :-)) O0
. I hate spell checker etc, as I think we should be able to do it without, but that means I don't always get everything right.

Matt
Matt,
Also with spell chequers they do not correct for wrong word usage but only if the word is spelt rite and not necessarily in the rite context  O0 {-)
Look at this sentence which was spelt cheeked  {-) %%  / 

mattycoops43

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 08:12:40 am »

Do you think in the circumstances I could get away with saying "ROFLOL"? It seems appropriate.

(for those who are not "modern" (please excuse speech marks) that means "Rolling On Floor Laughing Out Loud")

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:03:25 am »

Sarcasm? and shouldn't that have a question mark after it?

OK - so perhaps I might have expanded upon what I said by way of pointing out that, as far as I had interpreted your use of quotation marks around the words 'friendly' and  'experts', no sarcastic tone was either inferred or intended by you - hence my previous comment about the context of the rest of the message.

It is certainly true that the illiteratii tend to use this form of punctuation to denote something to which they wish to draw one's attention, as opposed to the correct use of quotation marks to highlight a word or phrase to which reference has been made previously or elsewhere. This mirrors the habit of some to make a silly gesture with the forefinger and middle finger of each hand - in the manner of writing quotation marks in the air - to indicate that they wish you to believe the exact opposite of what they are saying at the time in a sort of cynical, knowing way (e.g. Steven Fry, John Sessions and other luvvies). I suspect that Dicky D had mistakenly identified your quotation marks as an indication of this, in much the same way as you appear to have misinterpreted my subsequent comment.

Sarcasm is not always the weapon of the intellectual but if I ever need to resort to using it then I will do so; I will not surround it with defensive punctuation. I will also hesitate in future to defend folk who prefer to read what is written between the lines than what is written upon them.

FLJ

mattycoops43

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 06:26:24 pm »

That's ok, I didn't actually realise where the sarcasm comment had come from untill you pointed that out. I don't use quotation marks like that, so it didn't occur to me. Now you have explained I can see how it could be read like that.

Oops!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.