Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electrics  (Read 3230 times)

dazz

• Full Mayhemer
electrics
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:24:47 pm »

???hello all,i have just aquired a robbe nordernay  that has been built some time ago,it has a working anchor winch and a working crane,there are 2 maplin controllers working them,they only go in one direction,i am guessing that one of the maplin boards has become faulty,where can i get some kind of replacment ,as i want to get her on the water as soon as i can,can anyone help me out there,please bare in mind that i am no  electrician,thanks in advance,i dont know if there is a website some where that  i can obtain the needed equipment,,,darren :-\

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: electrics
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:13:33 pm »

Look at Action - they have various controllers. I cant see that you will need a lot of current for those applications, so they are probably the cheapest solution. www.actionkit.co.uk

Barrie

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:30:23 pm »

hi ya dazz

give my regards to soap daz and persil  ;D

on a serious note, dont throw your Maplins speed controller out - and dont butcher it - I HAVE SPARES FOR THESE  ;D also, the printed circuit diagrams and whatnot.   If you wish, you could send it to me and I will have a look and see if I can repair it for you.  PM me and I will give you my address.

Aye
John E
BLUEBIRD
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:21:15 pm »

Now theres an offer you cant refuse

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:24:37 pm »

The Maplin boards used a relay for reversing.  If they only control in one direction, it is probable that the relay isn't working.  Maplin sell siutable replacement relays. 
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Faraday's Cage

• Full Mayhemer
  • Change is inevitable, except from a drinks machine
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:35:15 pm »

I've used maplins speed controllers in the past without too many problems. (by the way, they are obsolete now if you werent aware).

They came with either a 6v or 12v relay fitted. Could be that there is a 12 volt relay fitted but daz is only using 6v to drive the motors.

The other problem was that occasionally one of the transistors would burn out which also affected forward / reverse control.

I also had one fellow club member who burnt out the pcb track on one board as he was overloading it.

Good luck with the repair  ;)

Terry.

dazz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 11:12:50 pm »

thank you very much everyone,i will be on the phone to action tomorrow,1 of the boards is getting red hot it looks to be burnt out,again thanks to everyone,regards,dazz

dazz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 01:54:02 am »

hi all,i ordered 2 new speed controllers yesterday,they were here by 9.00 am tody,what service,and very helpful at action electronics,and also very reasonably priced,the functions are up and running now exept the ahchors as i am just waiting for some replacment chain,thanks again to all who responded to my querry,,daz

dazz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 12:46:52 am »

hi all,the action esc are great ;D,thanks everyone for your advice,,,daz

Roger in France

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 07:12:10 am »

She looks very good.

Yes, I have always found Action great. Some years ago I (being stupid) burnt out one of Craig's units, he repaired and serviced it rapidly and at a most reasonable cost and set it up so that i could not be stupid again!

Roger in France.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.