Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speeding ticket  (Read 1260 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
speeding ticket
« on: August 05, 2010, 11:16:42 pm »

Oh, woe is me... I got a ruddy speeding ticket today! It's been thirty years since I got my first one, I deserved that one and to be honest I deserved this one too. There I was, swanning along on the backroads coming home from Norwich, sun streaming through the windows ...... and the brain gone tatty bye bye's into LA LA Land thinking of all the stuff I had to do when I got back here. Further down the road an officer stepped out and signalled me over, I was doing 57mph in 40mph zone! I was absolutely staggered as this is a dodgy stretch of road and one on which I have always obeyed the speed limit. Lack of concentration pure and simple, oh the shame, the shame! :embarrassed:
 On receipt of the accursed piece of yellow paper I pointed something out to the officer. He was the very chap to whom I had spoken around three months back. I had seen him gunning the traffic from a motorway bridge, so pulled up alongside and requested he come down to our village and stand there with his gun as there were more speeding nutters there than on the bypass!!

I hang my head in shame men, life will never be the same again because now I can't get all' holier than though' about the driving nutters.
Another of lifes little pleasures has been denied me.... blast!  <:(

Take care out there... stay alert men.

RaaArtyGunner

Re: speeding ticket
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:55:12 pm »

What is a speeding ticket  %)
Is it something unique to the UK that we should be aware off  :police: O0

Deep Diver

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:34:19 am »

It's a £60;00 fine and three points on your licence, that stay on your licence for three years, just because your right foot or right hand was on the heavy side at the time. <*<

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:10 am »

Beats me RaaArtyGunner  :P ...I have been driving in the OZ State of New South Wales for greater than 40 years .....& have never experienced a  :police:.....speeding fine.....possibly due to my vehicle being speed limited to 205 Km/h :o

Have been pulled over a few times for a breath test....but on each occasion my oral hygiene must have been acceptable as the  :police: simply said thanks....OK ....on your way  O0 %%

I always thought a breath test would have been something that a Doctor or Dentist [or girlfriend/mistress] would check........... :kiss:  Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.