Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VIMAANA NAASHINI..(AIRCRAFT DESTROYER), is a concept design, from thermocol  (Read 2040 times)

rathikrishna

i was making models from the age of 6..on that time my models was some crude  in nature, means some plywood planks for boats, wooden panels for aircrafts...soon my Pappa, gave me some kits, from minicrafts,and academy.when i reached age of 14, i compleated more than 240 aircrafts, and many other machines...but all from kits...then one day, my big uncle came to my home on leave,was working in AF, adviced me to make models from handy materials, and not from the kits.handy materials...it was a head ache to me for some years...but soon i found a material accidently,very nice for hulls and fuselages...it was THERMOCOL...and i started to make models from thermocol and thick drawing papers,all in to scale,with high degree of details...now i am 37 years, and by last 16 years,i have made 400 + machines inc ships,aircrafts, trains,excavators,and all other known machines.i born in INDIA, in KERALA STATE, and my family was based on traditional farming.so we do not have any shops to buy detailing materials here, even now.so i turned to make whole detailing parts, by myself,all from scraps,and thrown materials.

rathikrishna

i always use thermocol blocks to make hulls.its far easy to work,lasts for a lifetime, and its very lite,but stiffer than balsa.

rathikrishna

as i do not have any shops to purchase any related materials in my native, i do all things inc R/C systems for me..here you can see some pics, of the latest creation, the VIMAANA NAASHINI, is means, VIMAANA, ( AIRCRAFT), NAASHINI,(DESTROYER).its my concept war ship, equiped with all anti aircraft properties.you can see a opening at the bow of the hull is formed to fix thruster there..you can also see a thruster made out of plastic card, with a toy gear box on it...al it works well...its on begining stage...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 19 queries.