Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the AGHAADHA KOORMA.(deep sea turtle)..FROM THERMOCOL AND PAPER  (Read 4527 times)

rathikrishna

its my 7 th submarine, after OHIO.its in its begining stage, and within a month i can finish it. its a full concept version, my own design, is equiped with all modern features.the hull is formed by thermocoal, as usual,and all structures from paper.i am willing to fix a RS 380 motor in it all with a 12 volt battery pack.with a 2N 3055 power transistor speed controller.bow and stearn pumps are already done,and it made from mat board.its name is AGHAADA KOORMA, is AGHAADHA means, deep,and KOORMA is turtle.its my dream concept for our NAVY.

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Re: the AGHAADHA KOORMA.(deep sea turtle)..FROM THERMOCOL AND PAPER
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:25 am »

You put us all to shame. We have so many materials for modeling available and surplus time and money.
Well done .... you remind us that we should get back to basics again and make ou rown models from scratch.
Brilliant.
Keep up your good work.

Pirate

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:40:09 pm »

thank you sir...but here i do not have any option..i am living in a remote village,in KERALA STATE, INDIA.here we cant buy any needed materials easily..yes i can..only when i am in duty.when i am in duty, i do not have any enough time..so i will do all my works when i am in home...i am doing all things from, handy materials, not because of the lack of materials...i born in a very rich family, by wealth and tradition.our family is a farmer community, situated near a river in kerala state.so i have ample of water sources around me...i was making models from from the age of 6.i got my first futaba ATTACK 2 radio system, when i was 8.my PAPPA gave me it when he goes for research in london.within a year i got the second one.it was a bionic gold from futaba.up to these days both are un used by me, because both are precious treassure to me...then i got thirdth one, from my friend, its a SKYPORT, YFM 4 from futaba.now i have two of them, using now.i brought home one more system, when i was returning home, after my research in aeronautis, is a DUPLEX from germany...i have ample of motors, are brushed and brushless...i am also making flying models ...fighter planes...we also have a supply of balsa wood here in Bangalore.but still i am doing all models from, thermocol,paper, and thrown scraps..why..?yes..at the age of 12 i compleated more than 200+ models, all from kits, all from, italeri, airfix, hasegawa, academy, minicrafts, zwesda,and many...once my uncle came home and made fun on me...he told me, RACHU..you must make models of your own...making from a kit is not much creative...so you must find some materials and make your own models...it was an inspiration to me....after that i have compleated more than 300 + models only in water based crafts...i  know, now i can make a 1.5 metre long,war ship, all with home made R/C, within a month, and for around 6 dollars...if i go for a conventional root, it will costs more than 2000 times of this money...i always wander along scrapyards, to collect motors and Tx Rx ICs from scraped old toys...and i am a gold medal winner in model making segment in my own job.so i am here to share my knowledge to all others, while have to take knowledge from all others...i hope, making a model from blank working table, to an entire working model,by all means is more satisfying ....making gearboxes..making servos...radios...wow..its nice...thanks for the instructions from you,and i am here to hear all from you...with respect..Rathi

mickyrubble

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:20:32 am »

Hi Rathikrishna,
 just wanted to congratulate you on your excellent scratch building technique,I haven't seen polystyrene used  to this extent before,very good.I started off scratch building  ( a long time ago) but now mainly build kits.
Keep up the good work.
 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Mickyrubble

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 07:08:30 am »

Good morning and thank you sir...this forum is a great one indeed as i can see many techniques all over here, and i am too happy to share knowledge from all of you....will you suggest me once, that what kind of motor that can use in my crafts, one give us more time than a conventional 8 or 10 minutes..?

RonP

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:55:02 pm »

It is unusual (anywhere) to find a woman modeller (thought it was pretty much a male domain) but to find a woman with your skills Rathikrishna is rare indeed.
Now if you can cook and you own a Pub you are pretty much every modellers dream girl.
RonP

bassplayer1

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »

Your work is absolutely fantastic!!! I really like the simplicity you aproach things! Love the aeroplane!!! Keep up the good work!

Regards Yannis

rathikrishna

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 07:59:31 am »

Good morning...and i wonder from your opinion....a woman modeller is rare...?...!!!...here in my country, i know many woman modellers, situated around Kovalam beach, and my capital city, Thiruvanatha puram.all they are making model ships, from wood, and cloth...such crafts known as  "URU". its a classic arabian vessel, with ample of sails.but not know any woman working with R/C. i got this tallent after my engineering, and was working for research in making various crafts for my nation...i always struggle here is because our country is too restricted for girls in many fields..i got enough from my pappa, and mamma, for swimming in ponds and rivers, to retrieve my crafts, after a motor burn out...Hi...Hi....but i am too happy to say that model boat mayhem is a great community, with ample of experienced peoples, sharing all knowledges all around...after logging in to MBMH,i have changed all my works to a great details...thank you all for the advices and sharing of the knowledges....thanks again...and have a nice time...

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 11:27:24 am »

For a 1.5 metre warship, I would be looking for a 545 motor, buggy size, but with 5 poles, and run it at its rated voltage.  With a sensible prop and a good choice of battery, there should be plenty of performance, and a run time of over an hour.  A 15 volt motor run on a 12 volt battery to give the performance, pick the battery to be the biggest that the hull can carry to get the run time.  I tend to like motors recovered from cars - window winder motors, heater and radiator fan motors are good, also some motors from dead VHS players, but these last might not be powerful enough for your size of hull.  It all depends on what is available to you.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

rathikrishna

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

Thanks Malco...i have collected some motors from car's centre locking system...i hope i can do the best with it....

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »

Looking at Rathikrishna's endeavours just shows what you can do if you are determined and apply yourself to a problem. As my old friend Dennis Cater (Eden Models) used to say "nothing is impossible, there must be another way" and this lady has definately got what it takes to get the job done. Her skill and ingenuity are to be envied and admired.
It just goes to show how spoiled we are when it comes to availability of materials.

I'm  looking forward to your further creations. Well done indeed Rathikrishna! :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:28 am »

Thank you Sir...after joining in MBMH, its a grace to me....i have learned many things, from here, from many veterans in this field...that you can see in my puffer model...once it was complicated to me...after taking advices from our members i have rectified many probs with my models...but still i lack many materials, here ,but any how i will do the best to make my models...thanks once again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.