Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Battleship Bismarck - 1:100  (Read 105058 times)

WLU SSY

Re: Battleship Bismarck - 1:100
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2011, 05:53:01 am »

Nice work on the little restoration...er Major rebuild is more like it Tomasz.

I look forward to your next installmant on your Bismarck.

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2011, 11:56:22 pm »

Welcome back Tomasz.  More BRILLIANT work, as usual.  :-))
    Keep the pictures coming.  O0
Alan.

Eric65

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:02 am »

Brilliant, just pure brilliant. I am looking forward to seeing this masterpiece finished.

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 12:57:19 am »

How in God's name do you do it??????????????????????

Amazing - and thank you for sharing!!!!
C

CJ1

« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 09:36:01 am »

Tomasz,
Amazing work.
Is there anyway that you could show us, in a series of photos, how you achieve such delicacy of work please?.... Just once...please!

I'm serious. If you could post some pictures to show what you do to cut out such small parts so accurately, and assemble them with such precision. Don't worry about the text, the words; believe me your results say everything.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Chris

Dave13

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2011, 09:47:05 am »

All I can say is wow!!!!!
 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2011, 02:42:44 pm »

So, this time I would like to present you "step by step" how I did my superstructure

richtea

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

Just found this build, WOW  :o
The funnel and searchlight platforms are a work of art,
the detail is exquisite even down to the first aid boxes.
Salute Tomasz.  :-))

pugwash

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »

Tomasz There would be many people looking forward to you showing us a   step by step guide,

Geoff

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:16 pm »

All these elements have been drawn in CorelDraw and printed on ordinary sheet of printing paper. Next step is to transfer drafts from paper to polystyrene. The clou of this part is to mark all main points what in case of square parts is very easy and what we have to do is only to focus on 4 corners. Of course in case of rounded shapes there is a need to make much more marks which are necessary to reflect original element.

The element has been cut by using steel made ruler and Olfa’s knife. To achieve desirable effect I had to cut polystyrene a few times because due to it’s thickness one cut was not enough. Of course in case of rounded shapes I am not able to use ruler so such elements are cut by my own hands and it’s not a huge problem.

What about these rounded corners of my superstructure I was able to kick this problem by using an appropriate diameter steel made cylinder or upper part of drill. In case of bending polystyrene without help of such a “complex and sophisticated”  item the effort could not be acceptable because of possibility of cracks

Finally, the easiest part – to fix all these elements to frame. To realize this part quickly and without problems I prefer using instant glue (in polish “CA” or “Cyjanoakrylowy”). The crucial factor before fixing both polystyrene parts is to harsh their surfaces by a sandpaper - this operation gives us guarantee that joint will be very strong. Of course if time is not essential I will use an ordinary glue for plastic models. The main drawback of this “long lasting” option is the fact that simple glues for plastic kits need a lot of time to achieve an appropriate effect and are not able to put together another very important material – foamed PVC. The foamed PVC is the main material to construct hull’s frames.
This time that’s all. Pending your questions.
Greetings
Tomasz

Eric65

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2011, 08:34:14 pm »

You make it look easy, but that level of precision is phenomenal!

Thank you for sharing this with us, we are all in awe!

CJ1

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2011, 07:16:08 am »

Dear Tomasz,
Thank you for posting a description of your work. It really is a great help for those of us trying to improve our modelmaking techniques.
I know you said in an earlier posting that you prefered using photos only as you were worried about your English. You shouldn't have worried, your English is good and totally understandable.
In English we call the glue CA too (cyanoacrylate).
Chris

steve pickstock

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2011, 11:30:55 am »

Oh my! And there was me thinking you had a thousand tiny elves doing this magnificent workmanship for you.
 :o

I look forwards to reading more and learning more from your work.

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »

Firstly, I would like to thank you Chris for your complements. Such kind of opinion makes me eager to intense work  But now let’s leave these complements and go back to my report.

So, I have prepared a superstructure sides and cut square illuminators. I did them also by engraving main points and cutting out lines between the points.

Sometimes there can be problem with suitable cut so I prefer to reduce a little the size of cutting out shape. This gives us ability to make some corrections in case of poorly cut holes. The corrections can be done for example by using small, flat file.

Next step is to glue 0,25 mm thick polystyrene stripes from the other side (later in my relation I will answer what was the cause of this move)

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »

The next step was to glue these narrow stripes of polystyrene to a superstructure. Their main role is to imitate steel edges which separate wooden covered deck.

As you see here below I showed drilled holes – future illuminators. After a few attempts I realized that the best method to achieve excellently rounded holes is to use designed to wood drill (just like this one on the photo).

Another work was to glue the superstructure’s sides by 0,25 mm thick polystyrene stripes but a little bit wider than the sides.

The wider strips were necessary to acquire an appropriate ridge which was clearly visible on original ship.
Greetings
Tomasz

sailorboy61

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2011, 04:34:13 pm »

I have also been pleased with the results using a wood drilling bit, especially if you can back the plastic on a wooden block for drilling.

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »

Welcome again sailors! As far as the superstructure deck details are concerned this time I decided to show you my battle command center version. During my work with this element I used all methods that I have presented before excluding rivets, so in this part of my tutorial I would like to present you how I made them.

An Upper part of this construction is made from 0,25 mm polystyrene with marked points – future rivets sites…

…then I used a mill to have rounded socket

Thanks to suitable stick with diameter a little bit smaller than sockets I forced rivet’s heads..

…which after everything look like on photo below

The next step was to secure future rivet’s by using CA. Glue gives us guarantee that rivets will not deform in the future.

To gain an appropriate rivet’s shape a little sandpaper work was necessary

Thanks to a little converted needle I made square holes in rivet’s heads

Finally, this “technology” gave me ability to start mass production of rivets…

…and the effect you can see below:

Yarpie

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2011, 07:53:55 pm »

Firstly, I would like to thank you Chris for your complements. Such kind of opinion makes me eager to intense work  But now let’s leave these complements and go back to my report.......................................................

Just hold it there a cotton-pickin' moment Tommy boy! <*<

Let's not leave the compliments ......... you are more than worthy of every compliment that comes your way.

In the first case, your English is wonderful and a joy to read. Very, very well done Tomasz. :-))

And in the second instance, your build quality is second to none. Excellent work with the greatest attention to detail. :-) :-)

Thank you very much Tomasz for taking the time to share your wonderful project with us on Mayhem. It serves to inspire us all to reach the standard that you do.

Good luck on your exceptional build my friend and I just hope that the paths (or courses) of my HMS RODNEY and your SMS BISMARCK do not cross. If they did, I think that this time the RODNEY would run a mile in appreciation of the BISMARCK's vastly superior craftsmanship. :-)) :-))

Once again, very many thanks and keep 'em coming.

Yarpie.

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »

Armoured command center has been covered by primer and received a few details.

Last few days were also spent on building next level of superstructure.

And here below is my primer by Motip

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »

Here below is presented a test illuminator which has been ordered in Mr Piotr Czerkasow company "MASTER". The external diameter is 5 mm and the quality of this product seems to be excellent.

Tomasz.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2011, 07:33:23 pm »

So, little by little another stage of superstructure has been almost completed. A small part of next stage has been covered by acquired to the role of grating - cut furniture tape.

Simultaneously an admiral bridge was build

And…I couldn't resist from assembling all almost done elements.

Norberto

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »

Thomasz outstanding work :-))

pugwash

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2011, 02:36:01 pm »

Tomasz Brilliant work as usual.  I really enjoy your posts.

Geoff

thebackways

• Shipmate
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »

this model will look insanely awesome when its finnished...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.