Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v24 powerboat  (Read 3039 times)

triumphjon

v24 powerboat
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »

ive recently gained this model as its cheapie radio had failed , suprise ,suprise ! ( dont get much quality for £30 !) so ive taken the c..p gear out , junked the 3mm propshafts & blanked the holes off in the transome in favour of a single 4mm shaft in the centre of the transom , drive will be a 540 motor & 7.2 volt nicad pack . ive a very small problem im looking for an inexpensive rudder to mount about 2-3 inches back from the transome , i know graupner do one for around £8 but im haveing trouble finding one ?

Prophet

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: v24 powerboat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:15 am »

triumphjon

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:21:35 pm »

thanks folks , off to spend some more of the hard earned stuff !

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:10:22 pm »

spent an absoulte fortune , . . .  of about a pound  on stainless steel nuts n bolts , used a couple of peices of scrap alloy and biult my own  unit , now waiting for payday so i can buy an esc , servo & a 540 motor so i can go and test it all out !

Prophet

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:29:07 pm »

try a grapner 600, 700 or 800 rather then the basic 540's, it will be worth it i promise

triumphjon

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:15:25 pm »

i was considering a 600 , but ive also got a 750 motor  (ex 18 volt power drill ) that would fit , then its find an esc man enough to cope with it ? hows your huntsman progressing ?

Prophet

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 11:20:14 pm »

ha ha slowly i haven't touched it since i started the springer which I'm almost finished .. only the control room to build , rudder assembly and prop then paint and detail, its a "xxxxx" waiting for parts to arrive but lucky springers are a nice little pass time .. check the springer pages for my post , I'm about to do it now.

have you looked at actions site what motors they stock?

you may be looking at a 25A for the 750 , not sure maybe a 40A, check the motors draw before you buy an esc.. the Action website stocks the esc's cheaper then the mtronics. just a matter of choice i know i will be spending best part for £150 with Action just before Xmas for the huntsman.

I'm using a mtronics eco 27 (20A) for the springer thats going to have the 600 motor from my IC buggers starter system ( sold buggy to fund boat builds) very torque motor should give the springer a nice push, running on twin 7.2 Lipos in Parallel if thats any use to your setup might be of intrest, I'm still deciding what to put in the huntsman but I'm drawn to the 700 BB's don't ask me why  {-)

triumphjon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:48 pm »

ive decided to stick to a 600 for starters , as it will probably become a family plaything ! so looking at  a 600 motor with a foward only esc , & ive got an accoms 27mhz rx & servo . the boat was free as somebody was binning it after the cheapie radio failed at our salt water lake ! ive salvaged the two 380 motors for future use & dumped the 3mm shafts . as ive taken the ywins & no rudder out , & replaced everything for something we are all familiar with !  jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.