Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing on to a Disc.  (Read 1305 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Printing on to a Disc.
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:41:30 pm »

I'm now back into the realms of the unknown. So advice is requested.
My printer (Canon iP4600) has the facility to print "stuff" directly on to a suitably coated disc. OK, I've got that bit sussed out.
But how do you get what you wish to be printed to actually fit on the surface of the disc? My efforts so far have just been attempting to print a ships crest.....but I always finish up with the image too large to fit. I suppose the answer is simple when you know how! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Printing on to a Disc.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:02:32 pm »

Bryan

When I bought my Canon Printer, there was a programme supplied with it 'CD-Labelprint'. If you don't have this you may be able to download it from the Canon web site. If not I could copy it for you. As its a Canon prog and you have a Canon printer I don't think we would be breaking any laws :}

Barrie

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:04:11 pm »

go to the link below Bryan, download and install the file  cdlpwin141en.exe listed under the software heading.

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0030999_0010649.asp?model=

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

Prophet

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:06 pm »

The methods i have used in the past for printing on a cd was to use a template that was already setup with into the program with the disc size pre-defined so it would print exactly. check the printer for cd's with the template on maybe its in the printers graphic editing suit?

i no longer have that issue i now use 'light scribe' build into my dvd rw drive it only 'scribes' in black and white but its far easier and no chance of the labels peeling off in the drive at a later date
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.