Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1002 times)

Carl_P

Hello!
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:18:40 pm »

Hello All,

Another new member here reporting in as custom dictates!

My interests in modelling are wide and varied and I have indulged in scale modelling for many years now but I have become hooked on model boating now. I enjoy scratch building and have obtained some plans for HMS Ocean (L12) although this is a longer term project I am pondering a smaller tug to provide quicker gratification and some boating time as I dont have nowt now!!

As for locality? I live in the North East (Chester le Street) and I have made contact with a nice chap from Gateshead MBC at South Shields earlier in the year however after moving round the country I have settled down (Someone said that there is no place like home.... I concur!) and am now in a position to set up a "workshop" in the garage (My domain!) and I am looking forwards to getting down to some real modelling!

A massive thanks to all previous posters for asking to questions to provide answers for the curious to Martin for setting up this establishment and some chap called Rodger who must be in France ;) for the welcome.

All the best,
Carl

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

Welcome,
Hope you have a long enjoyable stay.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

swordfish fairey

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:45:05 am »

Welcome aboard Carl, glad to see you will be starting with one of the Grey Funnel lines finest. Tugs are good idea to ease you into things, I started with a Rtr fishing boat as I got a bit hacked off with borrowing other members boats down at the lake......Have a great time... ;) ;)...Smudge
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.