Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KIT BASHED GUN BOAT  (Read 2296 times)

mark w

KIT BASHED GUN BOAT
« on: August 17, 2010, 05:40:47 am »

Hey out there,

Just thought I'd share some pic's of a freelance gun boat I just finished. Awhile ago I picked up a Robbe SCHUTZE; hull and running set only, no superstructure or fitting kit. I decided to play around and use up some of the stuff from the spare parts box. The only items bought were the Tamyia quad 20mm's, and the .37mm came from a Italarei half track. The deck pieces are polycarbonate plastic, and the bridge is a piece of styrene (a "FOR SALE" sign). The boat is (very) loosely based on a S-boote with the bridge shape coming from an American 110' pgm. Power is 2 Robbe navy compact gear head motors driving 40mm 3 blade props. I used the kit 3 rudder system. Battery is a  12v, 4amp gel sell. Paint is several shades of primer and Model master medium blue. The model runs great and I didn't have to add any weight!  :-). Build time was 1 week (unemployment is a great thing  :((). The model runs great!  :-). I plan on adding the Italarei S-boote crew.

Mark

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
Re: KIT BASHED GUN BOAT
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »

Nice looking model  ... Unusual armament and layout .. {:-{.. I like it  :-)) It shows imagination and not slavish following of other peoples idears
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.