Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model boat insurance ????  (Read 11922 times)

samuelmerry

Re: Model boat insurance ????
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:55 am »

Scoop,
I am looking to join the BMPRS now, is there any other way of getting a the £10 to you as i no longer have a cheque book? I used the last one and the bank wont re-issue one for some bizzare reason!

Sam

scoop

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 02:40:26 pm »

Scoop,
I am looking to join the BMPRS now, is there any other way of getting a the £10 to you as i no longer have a cheque book? I used the last one and the bank wont re-issue one for some bizzare reason!

Sam
Hi Sam

You can either turn up at one of our race meetings and hand over a crisp £10 note along with your membership application to our membership secretary or failing that send a crossed postal order made out to BMPRS to the name/address on the form.

Hope to see you at the racing.....all race venue's are now up to date on our website www.bmprs.co.uk calendar, keep checking as we are in talks with other clubs so more race dates may be added throughout the race season. :-)) O0

Regards
Scoop
ps Please do not send cash through the post

gwa84

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 03:34:17 pm »

could you set up a pay-pall payment method ?

scoop

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »

could you set up a pay-pall payment method ?
Not sure how feasable that would be, but I will make enquiries
Regards
Scoop

scoop

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 06:45:15 pm »

Scoop,

Sam
Hi again,

I've checked whether we can accept paypal but at the moment we only accept payment by cash (please do not post cash) cheque or Postal Order for membership fees.
Do you have a friend who can send a cheque on your behalf ? :-))

Regards
Scoop

samuelmerry

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 10:41:27 am »

I might have to try that, either that or come to Kingsbury at the end of the month........

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »

personally speaking, i'd not really consider setting up a club/paypal account, as please remember paypal take a % of funds transferred both from the sender and reciever. So to cover this method of payment, you would have to increase club fees to cover these costs.

if a person does not have a cheque book, then surely he has a building society account  or other bank account, as you need something of an account to get a paypal account. and they can issue a cheque, no problem.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

gwa84

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

i would be more then happy to cover the extra charges of pay pall as its really  good reliable way of sending payment securely and im sure it would still be what i would see as very cheep for insurance

te other advantage is it could all be set up on the website to fill in the app form and pay your membership all in one easy go

samuelmerry

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 04:16:48 pm »

As would I. I use paypal online whenever I can. Sure beats having your card details stolen by some false company trying to scam you.

DaveMarles

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 02:40:13 pm »

Anybody send me copy of the BMPRS insurance? We have BMPRS people attending  at Birkenhead lake sometimes and we need to be sure they are insured.
Dave

ACTion

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 04:31:00 pm »

personally speaking, i'd not really consider setting up a club/paypal account, as please remember paypal take a % of funds transferred both from the sender and reciever.
Not so.
The payer pays no fees to PayPal. As payee we are charged typically a flat fee per transaction (22p) plus a percentage (3.4% in our case).
Naturally if the payee chooses to pass that charge onto the payer as a supplementary charge over and above the cost of the goods/services then that's a different issue.
DM

scoop

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 06:02:55 pm »

Anybody send me copy of the BMPRS insurance? We have BMPRS people attending  at Birkenhead lake sometimes and we need to be sure they are insured.
Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your query, I believe Mark will be contacting you very soon regarding our insurance, if he hasn't already done so.

Regards
Scoop
BMPRS Public Relations Office
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.