Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: cold weather payment  (Read 7138 times)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: cold weather payment
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »

Didn't know you could be in both.........

Politically incorrect Malcolm, but nevertheless very droll.

Just to throw a leveller into the winter fuel allowance, although I keep geting letters from the Social about my right to claim this, my partner already gets this so if I put my own claim in, I could get the full amount as a separate (Fiddle) payment. Practically though, it would split the full payment into two so there is no advantage to do this, whichever of us keels over first, the other is still going to get the same amount.

Scotland and the north are colder
  Not the bit that faces the Gulf Stream in Scotland.

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 04:10:54 pm »

Didn't know you could be in both.........

Politically incorrect Malcolm, but nevertheless very droll.
A mate of mine did ask when the "D" was to be removed from "DSS".  He got a frosty look back across the counter.
That was before some politically correct wazzack, eager to shine amongst his peers, suggested that "Departments" should become "Agencies".  I dread to think what that cost in replacement stationery.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

wbeedie

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 05:22:01 pm »

Not the bit that faces the Gulf Stream in Scotland.

Regards  Ian
Wish thaey told that to the weather man and the weather this year CWPs were made 12 between Dec and Mar this year due to the weatther being colder ,in fact the coldest I had seen it in 30 years living on the Isle of Skye which is supposedly warmed by the Gulf stream in fact January and February the temps were lucky to be above -9 through the days and dropping to minus 18 at night ,we have our own external thermometer as part of our ground source heating and checked it everyday ,the worst thing about CWPs is the distances involved for the measuring stations our closest one is 25 miles away and by all accounts that is closer than a lot all over the UK ,where people should have been made payments but where the temps were recorded being higher , and a wee foot note its supposed to be more of the same this winter also

sweeper

• Full Mayhemer
  • When all else fails, read the instructions
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:45:49 pm »

OK Dicky D,

The implication that I put forward as to wasting our tax was not, as you have taken it, by the end user but rather by our Lords and Masters who waste our cash while sitting in Westminster and/ or Whitehall.

I'm sorry if you feel that you have been slighted or offended by the post. If it's any consolation to you, I too receive the fuel allowance, I have my bus pass and thankfully I get my state pension.
And may I add, I'm a few years older than you. 
 O0

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 05:59:39 pm »

Mr Sweeper I am 62 years old and receive various payments including the winter fuel payment and I would like to say I dont p**s it up the wall and I AM NOT ELDERLY. >>:-( >>:-(
Calm down Dicky! No-one but no-one admits to themselves that they are either "elderly" or just plain "old". In my "younger" days all these "clubs for the over 50s" seemed to proliferate. During the 1950s, being 50 yrs old was considered to be "old" and therefore in need of some sort of enclave that they could all toddle off to, have a cup of tea and so on. I guess there is something of a historical mind-set going on here. Most people of my generation (me, born in 1940) wouldn't be at all enthused by being told by "caring" offspring to" just toddle off and have a cup of tea with your nice friends".
But let's face the facts. I agree that at age 62 you are not "old", but you are a person "of a certain age" (a modern euphamism for "elderly").
But when you get to age 70, little old ladies try to help you understand the complexities of pushing a button on either a petrol pump or a pedestrian crossing. This happens even when the 70 year old has the physique and hair of a 25 year old. Or does my mirror tell lies?  BY.
Notes from a simple seaman
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.