Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can a servo work one way?  (Read 1699 times)

levs

can a servo work one way?
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:03 pm »

hi , i just wanted to know if a servo can be made to work in one direction? by removing a wire?, from one of the three that go into the rx? i.e forwards only or reverse only? sort of on or off but not -?
thanks levs

FullLeatherJacket

Re: can a servo work one way?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:09 pm »

No.
FLJ

levs

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:01:08 pm »

thanks for the quick reply! new 3ch radio gear it is then!

levs

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:35 am »

Don't waste your money on a 3 channel until you've had a look at the 5 and 6 channel 2.4GHz radios coming in from China. They're not all singing and dancing but they do seem to work OK and are stupidly cheap. 'Giant Cod' distributes one type while you can obtain a Planet 5 through most model shops who deal with J Perkins Wholesale eg Howes of Oxford (ring AM and ask for John Cox). Mark Williams of 'A Model World' might also be able to supply.
If you want decent service back-up however then you'll have to go up to a Spektrum or Futaba 2.4GHz. You get what you pay for, I guess.
Suit yourself.
FLJ

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »

Hai..friend...indeed..but not by your servo, but with a small switch...place your actual servo on a piece of mat board..and make sure it is working in either direction.then you can place a micro switch, any of the direction, of the arm,with a copper strip, attached to servo arm.if you use a DPST, switch, you can simply change the direction of your motor, to left, or right.if you use a SPST, you can spin your motor towards one direction.you can tap supply for this purpose from your actual battery pack.nicely...

Big Ada

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:47 pm »

So what do you want to do with this Servo ?.

Len.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.