Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any bait boaters out there?  (Read 1960 times)

ray t

Any bait boaters out there?
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:08:08 am »

Hi all.  Hull nearly finished, just gotta sand down a little and then polish/compound it. 

Is there anyone out there that has built a twin hopper (centre of hull like microcat) that could possibly shed some light on how to operate the hoppers efficiently?  I am racking my brain thinking of ways to do it but cant think of anything great at the moment.  I could bodge it, but thats not the idea of this project.  I have been thinking along the lines of low voltage electromagnets???? 

Ideally, I would like independent hoppers but not a necessity

Prophet

Re: Any bait boaters out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:25:53 am »

try this method its single hopper, but you can mod it to work for twins with a bit of thinking or with 2 servos and have independant control, this method i find works best as i can control the flow with a servo rather then dead open and drop the lot giving you ability to spread the load better then just 'dump'

ray t

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:40:44 pm »

Cheers for that mate, however not too sure if I could fit the servo in a position for this to work.  Maybe help if I included some photos of the hull that has been made.  I dont really want any servo on the external of the hull as I want everything as water tight as possible.

Prophet

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:57:32 am »

try this instead.. but there are other methods using gears its your choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 19 queries.