Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-fitting hms bold pathfinder help  (Read 2440 times)

ben hall

re-fitting hms bold pathfinder help
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:45 pm »

hi i've just refitted my boat hms bold path finder and was wondering if their were eny more details i could add and if eny one could tell me if the mast/antena on the block is right or if wronge tell me how it should be your help is much apreciated :-))

triumphjon

Re: re-fitting hms bold pathfinder help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:32 am »

NICE CHIPS ! flouresent funnels . make a new bigger model of the same boat !

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 03:02:28 pm »

Ben, I have studied the photographs I have and on at least two it shows the mast framework as being
triangular two main struts at the front and one at the after side of the mast it also shows the mast as
having a kink in the framework below the radar platform - as the mast is raked back the kink brings the
radar platform back to level otherwise the surface radar would be scanning the skies - also the funnels are
more oval  perhaps egg shaped in plan wiith the broad end forward as I said on your other post I will
try the get them scanned in in a few days as they are very hard to describe. In relation to the mast
the other photos are a bit ambiguous owing to angle they were taken

Geoff

ben hall

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:15:58 pm »

thanks for the help :-))

triumphjon

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »

ben , look at nautical marine models site , they show their kit at 1/24th scale both painted & unpainted ! ive just been & looked at it , im biulding a working bofors !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.