Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building the Gry Maritha  (Read 19308 times)

awvs

Re: Building the Gry Maritha
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:38 pm »

Hi Rachu,
can you tell me a little more about the measurements of the tug you are building? I use two 12V direct drive motors (similar to the 550 series) in my "Gry Maritha" and they turn 40mm brass props. At full power the motors turn at around 3600rpm and give the "Gry" a good top speed (the model weighs around 30 lbs). I would probably use the "720BB high torque" motors for a powerful tug boat. These motors drive easily a 60mm propeller and if you add a kort nozzle you will have plenty of power.

Regards
Wilhelm

rathikrishna

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:54 am »

Good morning..i have sketched my tug, on expanded polystyrene, by last night. its span in to 4 feet, and 11 inches wide. but i hope i must reduce one feet to get a chubby appearance. here i do not have any powerful motor...so after searching few hours among the toy motors, i couldn't find any one. so i purchased two identical old VHS HQ VCR from a scrapyard. i took off the motor from it, a brushless , based on PWM technology. its based on 9 volts DC, and can deliver up to 3/4 Hp as my early notes teaches me. so to drive it i have to wire a PWM circuit this night based on CD 4020, along with IC NE555.  so i can simply control the motor from, stop, clockwise, anticlockwise, and brake, as we found in VCR.its a hard job to do..only then i can go on...then willing to add a simple high pitch prop from a brass sheet..i will post you all pictures to you as my work progress...so now a request...may i save some photographs from you..?  for only a reff:..?  please...

awvs

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 01:09:47 pm »

Hi Rachu,
I am looking forward seeing the progress of your tug. No problem saving pictures of my model(s).

Kind Regards
Wilhelm

rathikrishna

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »

Thank you AWV...thanks a lots...i am on its work....

rathikrishna

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »

here themotor i am planning o fix on my TUG..its from an old VHS VCR...and prop is made from aluminium sheet..in to 3 inches.

rathikrishna

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »

in detail..

rathikrishna

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 02:16:08 pm »

by to night i will wire a good PWM signal generator for my motor...you can simply see the actual wave pattern of PWM on the base of the motor itself...i hope it work...if not my head ache will be great until i fix it...the main dis advantage of this motor is it can only revs up to 400 RPM max...but it can simply provide enough torque without any flutter..and can brake and reverse instantly...with great hope...

rathikrishna

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 02:22:53 pm »

sorry for uploading same photo again..because of my connection problem... %)

awvs

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2010, 01:39:56 pm »

Hi Rachu,
I really admire your effort and the way you aproach the problems building your models. Please keep up the good work and post some pictures of the progress of your build.

Season's Greetings
Wilhelm

rathikrishna

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:50 am »

Awvs..now i have even more courage to fullfill my dreams about modelmaking, because i got ample of suggestions and guidance from MBMH. i know and wonder while reading some posts in MBMH, because of the extremeness of the efforts from my friends. its an inspiration to think big..sure i ill post all of my efforts here , and i know it will be some helpful for all friends, as i am getting many good things from here..so cheers..rachu

Channel

• Full Mayhemer
    • Channel Images
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

The matter of building Scillonian III will become easier shortly . . .

She is likely to be my next 'big build' when I finish my 1/1 scale motorsailer!

See Marine Modelling August 2011.
Follow my blog - www.channelimages.com

awvs

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:23 pm »

Hi Chris,
I don't get this magazine here in Canada, can you tell me a little more about the article?

Thanks
Wilhelm

Channel

• Full Mayhemer
    • Channel Images
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »

Hi Wilhelm,

Its a supporting feature for a set of plans on Scillonian III.

Cheers
Chris
Follow my blog - www.channelimages.com

awvs

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2011, 02:20:02 pm »

Thanks Chris,
I try to get this issue of Marine Modelling.
Thanks
Wilhelm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.