Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: battery suitability...  (Read 2067 times)

Patrick Henry

battery suitability...
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:06 pm »

I'm really tight for room for the battery pack in my 1/144th Kilo...the battery pack will have to sit outside the wtc in forward free flood area.

Now, I can squeeze a four cell AA pack in there, Vapextech sell separate AA batteries of 2900a/h capacity and they will fit into a common or garden battery box (see pics)

They will be supplying power for two of MMB's 5g servos, an Action esc and a 360 motor turning a 35mm six blade scale (ish) prop. The battery box will be sealed in shrink wrap, and the connectors will be covered with a splodge of vaseline.

Your comments/criticisms etc, gentlemen, if you please?

Rich

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: battery suitability...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »

I would think in terms of four AAA, solder my own pack up, and get some glue lined heatshrink to make a waterproof pack, bunging up the ends with low melt glue stick - assuming that even this wouldn't fit inside the WTC.  Rather than a sploge of Vaseline, I would think of a slathering of silicone grease, that being more water repellent.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Prophet

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

have you not looked into the 4.8v reciver packs? there pretty small . some are similar size to 4AAA together but the modens ones are now in the size of 4 of the decent camara batterys short and chubby
http://www.tantronics.co.uk/acatalog/Receiver__RX__Battery_Packs.html

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:50:01 pm »

Excellent, Mr Prophet...I've just discovered that Vapextech sell a ready made, ready sealed 2600 a/h pack which should give me a reasonable run time, and at the price I can get two and simply change over to a fresh pack when the first is exhausted.

MF, there's no way I can squeeze anything else in the wtc, it's literally crammed in there already...one problem when building small subs.

Thank you gentlemen...as always, much appreciated.

Prophet

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 05:56:03 pm »

if your crammed for space try this site .. micro 'EVERYTHING'
http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk/micro_esc.html

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:08:11 pm »

have a look at this stuff.http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/index.cfm?type=Domestic_Solutions/HCF&stage=1

I have used it a a battery pack and it seems to work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.