Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New brighton model boat club re-opened  (Read 18545 times)

mfelton23

New brighton model boat club re-opened
« on: August 23, 2010, 09:47:29 pm »

Hi all just to let you all know that Newbrighton model boat club is now officially re-open.

Details for membership & sailing time s can be found here        http://www.newbrightonmodelboatclub.com/

On Sunday 19th September we are holding the grand opening fun day and are looking for club's and individuals to come along and support us on this fantastic day.

Regards.

Mark.

willowgarth

Re: New brighton model boat club re-opened
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »

GREAT NEWS MIKE I WILL BRING A FEW MODELS ON THE DAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT SAILING DAY  :-))

mfelton23

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:33 am »

great new's willowgarth look forward to seeing you there.

Let as many people now as possible so we can make this club great again.

Mark.

dave301bounty

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:45:22 pm »

can we get near the lake to get our boats out of cars ,could,nt get near last week .

mfelton23

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:30:46 pm »

Hi Dave.

There's 26 parking bays on the lake it's self and plenty of parking across the road so parking not a problem.

Mark.

keef666

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:00:50 pm »

Yeah! New Brighton has now got its lake bake, its a pity the builders couldn't be bother to take in to account the volume of traffic that goes down to New Brighton and need to park, not only people sailing, but people fishing, playing golf/bowls or just out for fresh air i am sorry but the carpark provided is a joke, i have just been down there to day and there is sitting to go in, a standpipe to fill the lake, little bins, signs we hope to inform people not to feed the swans, as the water is already turning smelly, and what are the workmen doing! any of the above, no planting trees,  which will last around one winter as the salt spray  and wind kills them off
you might think whats this guys problem, do i like the new lake, no! there was nothing wrong with the old lake, but as the world is today its all down to greed and how much money can we make, and lets build another supermarket which will employ about 90% part-timers.
 Rant over!

dave301bounty

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:33:30 pm »

The last fella that made a point about parking at this New lake ,well he has a very good point ,I was down there two weeks ago and almost tripped /fell over an idiots front bumper ,photo taken and reg reported ,I was down there the other day ,and blow me to drive in ,to get within a reasonable distance to get the boat out ,you,vie got to make a shout ,,sorry ,not for me ,this is very much ill thought and planned out .The old lake was O K for 70 odd years ,the council or who/ever could have built Aron ,as it is now there is serious debate as to the next part of the PLAN ..I Shall be there on this great opening /so will a few others .but dont put this down to what was needed . Theree were a group of us at the town hall some 4 years ago ,getting something more akin to sense ,but the powers that be ,had their way . KEEF ,Your point and that of a few more ,is well stated .cant say brown envelopes .

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »

The new lake, puddle more like, at New Brighton is to be frank, awful.  It is smaller than the old one by a large margin though people have said to me that it’s twice nay, three times the size!! But has the same value of water apparently, so making it deeper and infinitely more dangerous should a small child topple in as they will be unable to stand upright in the water.  Putting a model, especially a large heavy one, into the water is nigh impossible and risking serious injury for a single person, because the distance from the top of the wall to the water level has also greatly increased and will increase even more when the level  drops.

As for parking as Keith says it is a joke, do you seriously expect people when they arrive and finding no spaces left, to deposit a model on the ground and then go off looking for a parking space? If you do, then you are barmier than the people who designed the place. I was down there on Monday and only two three of places were taken up by people using the puddle. As for the occupants of the other 23 or so vehicles, I doubt very much if any of them were around the lake, or anywhere in the near vicinity for that matter.

This must be the smallest purpose built model boating lake to have ever been built in UK, or the whole wide world for that matter; apart from the even smaller puddle and even less accessible example at Hoylake. 

LB

keef666

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:01 pm »

Thanks guys! i thought i was the only one, i am waiting to hear back from Wirral Council to hear what they have to say!
but as they have already had plans passed can't see anything being changed and if they built a new lake and most people can't get in to park, then people will go else where,  which means they have wasted taxpayers money once more.

mfelton23

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 10:27:01 am »

The final detail's for the event on Sunday 19th September are as follow's........

Event time 10am - 4pm

Guest of honour - mayor of Wirral Cllr Allen Jennings ( 2pm raising of new flag by the mayor)

Also present Frank Brereton, chairman of New brighton RNLI lifeboat managment group.

RNLI boat & hovercraft, crew, staff & volunteers.

There will be collection box's for the RNLI.

Raffle for NBMBC.

Static & on water display's of model's (please try and be early if you wish to display your model's).

Face painting, entertainment's & guess the number of balloon's in the car.

Catering van.

If you have a problem regard's unloading you boat's find a commitee member who will only be too glad to assit you.

Regard's.

Mark.

keef666

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »

Don't forget its also a public lake, so members of the public might want to there's!

keef666

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 10:34:09 pm »

Just being thinking if all that lot goes to the openning on the 18th, to quote a saying from a certain film
           "Were going to need a bigger carpark!".

mfelton23

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:13:10 pm »

to my knowlege all lake's are public arnt they. Unless on private land.

dave301bounty

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 07:40:57 pm »

Mark ,I have to ask ,on the new B wabsite   its stated that there is additional parking to the west ,seaward side ,is this correct ,if so ,problems sorted .because that is a nice big track ,the boyracers use it at night,we can use it daytime ,  joke ..

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:34 am »

guys, dont forget, the building work is not yet completed, the builders have granted access to the lake before completion. There will be more car parking facilities in the immediate area when the work is completed, which will no doubt ease any problems, cant understand why there is so much negativity, if its such a problem to you, then why do you want to go in the first place?

I was hoping for a much larger lake, but its not happened, it could have just been a "summer months only"kids paddling pool, like what happenend on Rhyl seafront,  so let be thankful for that. From what I have heard, the club committe are going to be very active encouraging new members and running activities etc, which is great news, and although there will no doubt be a seasonal swan problem, ( I believe ther will be signs discouraging feeding?) at least there will be no fishermen threatening model boaters (Newsham??) or gangs of intimidating kids (Birkenhead??) or limited parking access like  at Liverpool and Runcorn,  and you cant park lakeside at Hoylake, or Crosby, or Newsham Park, or St Helens, so lets have some positives please :-))

Just being thinking if all that lot goes to the openning on the 18th, to quote a saying from a certain film
           "Werethere  going to need a bigger carpark!".

Keef, if you go on the 18th, there will be plenty of parking, as its on the 19th, :}

The long Build

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 08:26:47 am »

Runcorn , Limited Parking Access ??

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 09:50:01 am »

First of all I hold my hands up and admit to knowing nothing about the politics that are going on here but from what I can see a pond has been rebuilt by a council, not quite to every ones taste, but let's face it, they have rebuilt one.  At a time when we are loosing modellers, modelling shops and most importantly, ponds, I think it is more important than ever to try to be as positive as possible and supportive of anyone who is trying to get a facility up and running.

Complaining before an event has actually taken place seems to be unecessarliy negative and I'm sure the organisers would far more appreciate either support or constructive critisism.  This pond is obviously never going to satisfy all those who are missing the old one but its been done now and surely it is in every ones interest to move on and make the best of the situation.  Ponds up and down the country have dissappeared forever so I'm sure that this situation is actually quite a bit better than those.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bowwave

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:13 am »

First of all I hold my hands up and admit to knowing nothing about the politics that are going on here but from what I can see a pond has been rebuilt by a council, not quite to every ones taste, but let's face it, they have rebuilt one.  At a time when we are loosing modellers, modelling shops and most importantly, ponds, I think it is more important than ever to try to be as positive as possible and supportive of anyone who is trying to get a facility up and running.

Complaining before an event has actually taken place seems to be unecessarliy negative and I'm sure the organisers would far more appreciate either support or constructive critisism.  This pond is obviously never going to satisfy all those who are missing the old one but its been done now and surely it is in every ones interest to move on and make the best of the situation.  Ponds up and down the country have dissappeared forever so I'm sure that this situation is actually quite a bit better than those.
Well said  :-)) :-)) :-))
Bowwave

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 11:39:38 am »

Hmm, a Designated toy boat pond, witter not, use it or Loose it   O0

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

keef666

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »

The reseason this lake was built was so a supermarket could be built in the area, the money has come from Europe, the old lake didn't needed to be touched, but our Council wishing to score browny points and look like they were doing something for the people, thought they would do the whole area up while doing said supermarket, so while this has happened we haven't had a lake to sail on, then when we get around to getting it open, they waste more time planting trees around the lake, which in the winter months the leaves will be floating in the lake, the carpark is not built for the volume of traffic that use the lake, a bowling green across the road, people who fish in the river and of course anyone who wants to come out park up and go for a walk along the prom, so in my book thats BAD PLANNING, and remember this New Brighton boating lake is a public lake but the members of the New Brighton Club used to clean the old lake out and refill it as the Council didn't want to know.
 i like the new lake that has been built, just not what they had done around the lake, next time i am down will post some photos so you can see what it looks like. but as for constructive critisism it just falls on deaf ears.

wallace

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:12:23 am »

Have read all with an open mind and agree with alot that has been said the most downside of the lake is the parking and also the lake is too deep have we got to wait for a young child to fall in and will not be able to stand up  I for one would not like to see the flashing blue lights at the lake.
We can talk about this alday  and get no where all I say is the new brighton committee must keep on at the big wigs 24/7 and not now and then.
Thats all see you all on Sunday 19 th Sept 2010  remember the day keith.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 10:21:49 am »

I think it is better now that it is deeper yacht can now sail so can subs it will also put of the idiots that you could get deciding to jump in on a hot day because it was shallow, and yes I have seen this this on several occasions over the years.
and kids can drown in 2" off water .

I think it is a great lake and considering the way cuts are being made these days I think the wirral is very lucky getting TWO new Lakes
Peter

garston1

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

The only real drawback IS the depth. If you lose your boat it won't be a matter of taking your shoes and socks off and a quick stroll into the middle of the lake. You'll have to send Malcolm in with his SEABEX ONE with its diving bell. Having said that, the boats will be beyond crush depth lol.

dave301bounty

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »

Very lucky to get two Lakes , Yes I agree to that ,Was down this evening having a very pleasant time too ,Youv,e got to get out and see what the world is doing .Some nice people down there too ,the New hoverboat was doing it,s bit ,very impressive .Couple of swans sampling ,and there was a Disco up the road ,all the ingredients to say ,the lake is almost done ,the rest seems to be happening ,  Two chaps were trying there big tugs out ,things are o k .  plus I am being very realistic   to previous comment ,  seabeck ,crush depth ,what are you on about ,

dms toucan

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 09:31:59 pm »

I hear the new lake 4 foot deep is that true
Martin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.