Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New brighton model boat club re-opened  (Read 18540 times)

garston1

Re: New brighton model boat club re-opened
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 10:21:30 pm »

I hear the new lake 4 foot deep is that true
Martin
Yes and then some! Re dave301bounty, it was a joke! it's called a sense of humour! Are you going to have a go at everything i write?

dms toucan

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 10:43:26 pm »

NO THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM A CLUB MEMBER OF ANOTHER WIRRAL CLUB,
Martin

keef666

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 10:51:55 am »

Hi guys, as Wallace has said this can go on for ever, sent a number of e-mails to our Council/planning dept pointing out the fact of the small carpark, they said would get back to me, but sofar nothing, eg, they don't give a dam!
As for the depth of the lake yes it is deeper, infact a member lost his boat on Friday, lucky for him it was tied up so managed to pull it out, but the lake from the bottom to water level is around a metre at shallow end to just over a metre at deep end [ there be swimming in it next! lol! ] when i watched them building it few months back, from the top of the wall down to the concrete floor is around five foot.

I don't want to sound negative about the lake, but with the millions its costing for all the work being done in having a supermarket/hotel/bars etc i just want a lake where we can all go down, sail our boats and have great day sailing, where for a short time we can forget the problems of the world, and not think will i be able to park, can i leave my boat here, can i buy an ice cream or a cold drink etc etc as when it comes to sailing my boats, i can't jump in my car nip down to lake and sail, [ ride a motobike ] i have to carry one boat at a time and walk the three miles from my home to the lake, and i don't need the added stress of people trying to park and moaning at me.
Well thats all i am posting on this matter, what was that from the back!

Wallace don't forget the Birkenhead Transport show is on also on the same weekend, so there's more great planning! lol!

wallace

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 07:38:21 pm »

Hi Keith great reading and like I have said all along its a great lake and all we need to do is take it forward.Like yourself all I want is to go down to the lake play with my boats do a comp and enjoy myself and chat with friends my day to relax is on Sundays  and I must say these past few sundays I have got back into the boating feeling after 6 months of not wanting to do anything.so I must say a special thanks to two people in the boating world who got me back into sailing one from Ellesmere port young steve and from the wirral club Don special thanks to both.I can now enjoy myself and hopefully do that down at the lake.
Sorry to go on but thats me see you all on sundays.
               wallace

keef666

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 10:04:48 pm »

Hi guys just thought i would post few pix's of the lake, it was blocked off today as they were holding a rally car sprint around the coast road, don't have a wide angle lens so hope you can get an idear of what it looks like from these!
Main road

New tree's on left lake on right,

looking at carpark from lake

Footpath other side of wall next to lake, River Mersey to far right

Footpath Mersey to left

garston1

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »

nice photies keith!

The long Build

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:43 pm »

See your old Nemesis the Swans have found it again..   

Regardless of the depth etc is the footprint bigger than the old one , looks it..

Larry

dave301bounty

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »

That was a good do then Keith ,pictures were o k too ,wondered what the railings were down for ,what do you reckon ,that is a straight mile run .and the lake looked impressive too .I bet Sunday will be a sell out .and larkins ice cream will have two vans out .

wallace

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 07:30:02 pm »

:-))   And not forgetting the Bacon Butties van that would make my morning  wow

dave301bounty

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 08:10:46 pm »

And   from a quiet scorce ,there could well be a selebrety  on site ,it will be quess who .lives at seacombe .

keef666

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:55 am »

And   from a quiet scorce ,there could well be a selebrety  on site ,it will be quess who .lives at seacombe .

Who said i was going! LOL!
as for the footpath!! that is 45 foot wide, it would make a great drag strip, have to get the bike on it, and see!

garston1

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 06:08:15 pm »

There's someone famous that lives in Seacombe?

dave301bounty

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 07:08:12 pm »

Who said i was going! LOL!
as for the footpath!! that is 45 foot wide, it would make a great drag strip, have to get the bike on it, and see!
Strewth ,can ya no keep ,yes it would make a good dragger ,like the quayside at Le halve

keef666

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:59 pm »

Went by this morning christ that wind was strong, hanging on to bike! and saw four tree's had blown over, and even got an e-mail reply from the Council!

dave301bounty

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »

You know who will tell you the force of that wind ,were they not there    ? ?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.