Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Moggie disposal  (Read 8407 times)

jonny shoreboy

Re: Moggie disposal
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:59 pm »

Cat lover or not, sticking someones pet into a wheelie bin isn't a nice thing to do. It's disgusting. Even if the cat did a poo in the ladies rose garden every day, sticking it in the rubbish is plain wrong. If the cat was a pest then it should have been reported to the RSPCA and at this stage there is no word from them saying that the cat needed an ASBO. That's why most people think the lady is bang out of order.

I would also like to point out that she knew she was being bad which is why she looked around before binning it. That is why she will be looking at a fine probably £1000 and possibly some community service. And a life time of being known as that nasty old lady who put a cat in a bin.

The long Build

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:33 pm »

Did not think the Police were pressing charges ?.

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:36 pm »

well  i would stick her in a bin her size  for 15hrs  just to see how 'scared' she would be!!   ''oh hang on thats agaist her human rights''

how about the fox's taking a dump on your lawn   do they get a ride in a wheelie bin  to    what this woman done is totally  wrong!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 11:12:43 pm »

Trying my best not to hi-jack the thread here but it is along the theme of animal cruelty.
Try typing 'squirrel relocator' into youtube, as much as I love all animals and would never harm one, it made me laugh... but I did feel guilty afterwards! {:-{

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 06:21:28 am »

well  i would stick her in a bin her size  for 15hrs  just to see how 'scared' she would be!!   ''oh hang on thats agaist her human rights''

how about the fox's taking a dump on your lawn   do they get a ride in a wheelie bin  to    what this woman done is totally  wrong!

but has she been pooing on the lawn?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

nick_75au

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 08:05:16 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Cat-bin-woman-Mary-Bale-Whats-fuss-Its-just-cat.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

whats all the fuss?  its just a cat.... have someone throw out your favourite boat, pet, whatever. See how you feel.

No excuse for it so B....... what her dads ill or what ever the thing is the animal is someone's property, it shows a callous disregard for other peoples belongings.

The reaction of those online (according to the article) is way over the top though.

Nick

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:10 am »

' There is no law as about cats fowling or causing damage

This is catching birds presumably  {-)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 11:49:08 am »

Gets far more of a rabid reaction if you tell a guy his CAR is C*ap  O0

Regards Ian.

Seems to me, she didn't actually DISPOSE of it, just gave it a warm dry safe place to sleep,   ---- for a few hours.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 11:50:13 am »

The police are not going to arrest her as putting cats into a bin isn't against the law apparently. The RSPCA is investigating the matter but due to all the attention this has received over the internet it is unlikely anything will happen now.  >>:-(

Hope this doesn't start a wave of copycat crimes.... %%

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 11:56:47 am »

Of course, if we still had our last government, we would now be looking at:

a new law making it specifically illegal to deposit a live mammal in a rubbish bin while walking on a public highway
a special section formed in all major police forces to check up on and register everyone's attitude to cats on a central database
a working party in the Home Office set up to examine the incidence of cat-binning in the UK
an investigative committee of the House to examine how cat-binning is handled in the Bahamas, Hawaii and Tuscany
three new charities based in Islington dedicated to ameliorating the psychological trauma of cats who have been trapped in plastic containers
Directive 2010/21/EC from the European Parliament on a common regulatory framework for addressing the problem of feline receptacle encasement

!!!

:(( :(( :((

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »

Has "she" said why she did it yet?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 12:24:59 pm »

Has "she" said why she did it yet?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/25/mary-bale-lola-cat-wheelie-bin

A woman caught on camera dropping a tabby cat into her owners' wheelie bin said today that she didn't know what all the fuss is about.

Mary Bale is now focus of a vitriolic campaign on Facebook with postings calling for her death, describing her as "evil" and "a psycho" and demanding she be sacked from her job as a customer services assistant with the Royal Bank of Scotland.

But the 45-year-old, who is the subject of an RSPCA investigation and is said to live just half a mile from the scene of the cat's 15-hour incarceration in Coventry, told the Sun that she did "not deserve to be hated" for her moment of madness". People were over-reacting, she said.

Bale was identified after Stephanie and Darryl Andrews-Mann put up footage on the web of their four-year-old pet Lola's treatment taped by their own security CCTV on Saturday night. They discovered her in the bin after hearing her cries the following morning.

"I really don't see what everyone is getting so excited about. It's just a cat," Bale said. "I was walking home from work and saw this cat wander out in front of me. I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a garden wall. It was very friendly.

"I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny to put it in the wheelie bin, which was right beside me. I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin."

Bale added: ""People are reading too much into things. I've no feelings about cats one way or the other. I don't keep pets myself, but I have no problem with people who do.

"To think this video is being seen around the world is unbelievable. I'm a very private person and don't want to upset any members of my family. I don't know what my relatives will think, but to be honest I think everyone's overreacting a bit.

"OK, I shouldn't have done it, but it's just a cat at the end of the day. I don't think I deserve to be hated by people all over the world, it was just a split second of madness."

Mrs Andrews-Mann said: "I can't believe the reaction to the story. I only posted it on Facebook because I wanted to see who she was. Now that the police know who she is, I think people should leave it to them and the RSPCA and not take matters into their own hands.

"Whatever she has done, I don't like her, but I don't want her to get hurt. It needs to be dealt with properly, not by people getting aggressive with her."

Coventry police said they were supporting the RSPCA investigation and "would urge the public to leave the matter to be dealt with in the appropriate manner by the authorities".

"Coventry police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence."

The force said Bale was not being given police protection and community support officers were outside her address monitoring a large group of people for "public order purposes as per routine police procedure".
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

pugwash

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »

I don't see why they shouldn't try charging her under Section 1 of the

I don't see why they shouldn't charge her under Section 1 of the Protection of Animals act 1911 under
"infuriate" "terrify" or "cause unnecessary suffering".  The CPS can always say no case to answer even
though she has admitted doing it.  And no I am not particularly fond of cats.  Had one for 19years and he
drove us and the dog crazy,  what a little, no large B------ he was.  Weighed 18 lbs of muscle and terrorised
our Border collie

Geoff

mickyrubble

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »

It doesn't matter if you like cats or dislike them,what this woman did was wrong and deserves to be dealt with harshly by the courts.She is old enough to know better.
 <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

bilzin

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:47 pm »

Look on the bright side fellas....you could be Ms Bale's hubby/manfriend/paramour???

Mi Amigo

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 01:01:13 am »

I showed the video to my 8yr old daughter, she cried, I mean she really cried, she was so upset, she couldn't understand how anyone could do that to such a friendly little thing.

15 hours on a hot day in a claustrophobic stenchy bin with no air, no light, we don't even treat  the worst of societys offenders like that, what sort of mind would do that to a friendly trusting  little cat?

My whole family are disgusted..

Patrick Henry

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 08:06:37 am »

One of our glass collection trucks at work had completed his round, and arrived at the recycling depot to tip...he backed into the allotted bay, opened the back door and ejected 16 tons of compressed glass, pulled out of the bay, and got out of the truck to push the buttons and lower the body down again. Something caught his eye, and he climbed up on the pile of glass only to find...a rather disgruntled pet rabbit, complete with a collar and dinky little bell.

Said rabbit was taken into the office into the warm, given a bowl of water and the contents of somebody's salad roll whilst the police and the RSPCA were called.

The find made the local press and tv, there was a right fuss over it at the time. At least the cat wasn't sharing his bin with broken glass.

Oh, and the rabbit survived his day out.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 10:00:47 pm »

OK. I like cats.
I kill Rats and Mice with swift efficency....certainly quicker than cats or dogs do. But even with a rat I wouldn't put it through unneccesary pain and torture. What that woman did was cruel and unwarranted. She can't just laugh it off as a joke. Cats don't understand jokes. Make her work in an Animal Shelter for a couple of months and pehaps, perhaps she will see the error of her ways. BY
Notes from a simple seaman

Watchleader

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:04 pm »

I can only agree with the sensible replies on this thread.
BY's suggestion of her spending a few months helping out in an animal shelter is very appropriate, providing it is not handling the animals in any way, but cleaning out the accomodation.
But that is not likely to happen!
So facing her family, friends and, probably more importantly, her employers (she's a bank customer relations officer???) is going to be quite a similar ordeal as she subjected the cat to. 

Double D

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »

Top Cat and all of his friends lived in dust bins and it never did them any harm %% %% %%

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:47 pm »

Top Cat and all of his friends lived in dust bins and it never did them any harm %% %% %%
Clever little "sign off" logo! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

a3nige

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »

"You're a hard person to ignore, but well worth the effort !"

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 04:06:03 pm »

I should think so. Whats she going to get, a slap on the wrist or be banned from owning a cat ? >>:-(

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »

I should think so. Whats she going to get, a slap on the wrist or be banned from owning a cat ?

I wheelie don't know....

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 05:00:52 pm »

I wheelie don't know....
Perhaps I should ask Prophet, he appears to know about everything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.