Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > BRUSHLESS Motors and Speed Controllers

NiMh - Lipo ?

(1/3) > >>

John Mk2:
Hi All got a bit of a snag {:-{     Got a HOR App/Cat 32in 2771kv motor & 125amp Suppo E.S.C got program sheet.   First run useing 14 cells (G.P 3300mah) fully cycled & charged up (19.8volts)
Not great >:-o Power tailed off after about 3mins  no cut off just slower & slower everything hardly warm    {:-{ So i must have programed the e.s.c for NiMhs O.K :-))  Anyone know if it would be o.k to fool the e.s.c in to its useing Lipo 3s to get more power from the NiMhs & Avoid low voltage shut down ? Or will i blow something up :embarrassed:  Thanks in advance ok2

HS93 (RIP):
you can normally select lipo cut off when you program it how old are the nicads ?if they where not all bought and used as one pack you may find some off them are going off at the end off a run you should be able to check each cell for voltage, they should all be very close the number does not matter it is how close they are (thats why you hear about matched cells) if one or two are lower that will kill the pack as they will go flat first and the pack will loose it's performance.

peter

John Mk2:
Almost new only used 3-4 times & well looked after :-)) Also useing 4mm silicon wire all round!

HS93 (RIP):
are they all from the same batch and age  also still check voltage off individual cells i have seen new packs with bad cells it then pulls all the other cells down.

Peter

John Mk2:
All the cells are soldered useing brass bar by a  Fast Leccy /O.M.R.A Man  ok2 You Might know him K.B ?  So will be a bitch to take apart & check each cell :((

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version