Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another new member  (Read 1186 times)

The Old Man

Yet another new member
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »

Is it the time of the year or are members always joining at the rate that they currently appear to be?
My name is Dennis and I have just joined this site. I am 75 years old, live in Cheshire and am a member of Crewe & District MBC. Many years ago I used to make R/C model planes for one of my sons to crash but took up making boats about three years ago. I still consider myself to be a novice and one of the reasons for joining this forum is to glean knowledge, although being a member of a club is a very good way of getting free advice. So far I have built the Moonbeam, the  Estelle and the Bremen police launch. My main interest is the actual building of the boats but, of course, I do like sailing them as well. This weekend I am picking up the hull, plans and fittings of Chris Brown's Bristol Pilot Cutter "Cariad". Has anyone else built this boat? ( I got interested in this boat when it appeared on a TV program "Boats That Made Britain")  This is my winter project and I hope to be sailing her by March.
I am looking foreward to being a member.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Yet another new member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:15:56 pm »

Welcome aboard Dennis!
 Coffee at 10:30 11:30  14:30 15:30 16:30 - 30 minutes each.
 Lunch from 12:- 14:00

We'd like to see pictures of your boats if possible  :-))

Have a look at:
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23.msg2630#msg2630
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2277.msg108900#msg108900

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.