Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Motivates you???  (Read 2424 times)

mac.one

• Shipmate
What Motivates you???
« on: August 28, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »

Hi all
             Used to be a prolific boat and sub builder all my spare time was took up with the hobby even got to the point where the better half drones on about "being in your little room all the time" I had some medical problems about 18 months ago some resolved some not since then the ROOM has been empty well of my presence anyway.
             Suppose I'm looking for motivation hear so hence the question???

Regards Julian.

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
Re: What Motivates you???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:25:21 pm »

Post some pics of your work, let us compliment you and I bet you'll get some motivation back.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:42:02 pm »

Hi all
             Used to be a prolific boat and sub builder all my spare time was took up with the hobby even got to the point where the better half drones on about "being in your little room all the time" I had some medical problems about 18 months ago some resolved some not since then the ROOM has been empty well of my presence anyway.
             Suppose I'm looking for motivation hear so hence the question???

Regards Julian.
Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt and the video.

Had my medical problems since 2001, sometimes that bad I haven't done any modeling for weeks, always come back to it in the end when the problems ease and I get fed up watching the telly or being on the forum.

Also helps that the wife keeps me in kits to do. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Prophet

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:53:23 pm »

I suppose at my age especially, younger then most of the people on here, motivation is easier as theres so much more i want to achieve and build ( to many ideas so little time)

but it sounds to me that you don't need motivation, you already have that you want to get into building again, its the INSPIRATION your missing.

i find personally when i am inspired i become more motivated, this is why my collecting of builds of so varied from tug, subs, mono hulls and recently yacht's.

i firmly believe you need to find something that inspires you something original, something diffrent, maybe even that one model you dreamed of building but never did for whatever reason.

give you a clue as to why I'm motivated to keep modeling heres my current line up of projects i want to accomplish over the next 18 months or so.. first off is finish the Huntsman conversion, next up is build a J Class yacht and start a trend down at my local club, next up will be most likely a HMS Fearless build, or possible go for a 1/16th scale landing craft with a working 1/16th scale tank that can drive off. or maybe even both!!

i have a dream that i want to archive at some point but i will save that for a real rainy day , but i would love to build a Steam Launcher with a Large live steam engine ( only thing stopping that one is the several £1000 missing for the boiler and engine .. anyone up for making a donation to the cause?  ok2 :} {-) %%)

Find something that inspires you to build and the motivation will return with that new found project

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:26:02 pm »

For the fortunate, or is it unfortunate ones  :-)) :-)) :-))

What motivates you is................................SWMBO  O0 O0 <:( <:( <:( {-) {-) {-)

garston1

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:36:59 pm »

I had a heart attack in March. I used to thing i was a strong person and would just get over it, however i went into a fit of depression, haven't been to the new lake at New Brighton since it's been opened, the shed leaks on my models and i can't be ar**d to fix it. I don't want to build and all i do is sleep! I need motivation! 

Wasyl

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 11:01:45 pm »

Join the club Martin, my shed roofs leaking as well,as for sleeping all day,thats me,ever since i,ve been diagnozed with this Sleep Apnea,and C.O.P.D.my motivation had, diminished somewhat, ..but after getting a Round of the guns from Avril,and my Doc,..I,m feeling better,I still can,t walk anywhere fast,but now that i,ve got my little air-pump for when i go to bed,things are looking decidely better,..I,m going to fix my leaking roof tomorrow,...thats if is not "xxxxx" down {-)

Wullie

mickyrubble

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 05:50:13 pm »

Hi Garston,
 Sorry to hear about your illness ,i have 'lived' with depression  for a number of years (and I'm not embarrassed to say Ive been in hospital a few times with it) since a motorbike accident and now Ive been informed that i have diabetes.Still ,when i read though mayhem it helps me to get some motivation.For people who have never had depression its very hard to undersand what your going though.
 Chin up mate and take each day as it comes.
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 06:14:20 pm »

Here is something I posted about my illness at the request of forum members sometime ago.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4693.msg49580#msg49580

and I still manage to get motivated, its either that or push up the daisies.

SMOKERS PLEASE READ.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »

I would guess that a lot of motivation (or lack of) comes from the stimulation given by being in contact with like minded souls. I've just had a spell on my own while Mrs Y has been away....and even though she has absolutely no interest in model ships, her absence has had a huge impact on my motivation. So I'd stick with what I said....more human contact with like minded people. (I must remember that next time she goes away on holiday). I guess we do tend to be our own worst enemies though, model building does tend towards being a pretty solitary pursuit. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

mac.one

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »

Hi

Thanks for all your replies some of my boats can be seen at the following links

www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Modellers/Julian-Machin/1ndex.htm

www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/british_models/sirkaymachin.html

www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/american_models/saucymachin.html

and guess what Wasyl  i go to bed looking like darth vader too, been on the cpap machine for about 18 months now.

Thanks again for all the replies Julian.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:12:46 pm »

and guess what Wasyl  i go to bed looking like darth vader too, been on the cpap machine for about 18 months now.

A mere beginner then  :-))

Nice boats by the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.