Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Braunschweig corvette vid  (Read 2708 times)

hmsantrim

Braunschweig corvette vid
« on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:36 am »

pugwash

Re: Braunschweig corvette vid
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:23:19 am »

An interesting warship - neither fish nor fowl - no anti-submarine capability - only short range SAM -
replaces the Gepard class of fast attack boats but only does 28 knots.  Having serious trouble with
the gearbox on the main engine and have been very late commissioning. Besides the main 76mm gun
will have 4 long range anti-ship missiles with no reloads. In the Naval press opinion seems to be they
are a waste of money.

Geoff

keef666

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:37:34 pm »

Can some one inform me why the part of the hull is painted black while the rest is grey, from a distance it looks like a hydri-foil, is that the idear!

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »

If you look at the video there doesnt appear to be a funnel - I think there are exhausts in the area painted black
Geoff

hmsantrim

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 10:57:28 pm »

Hi. 
   RE: I think there are exhausts in the area painted black.  Give that man a coconut here is the unpainted version. Navies have been 
       for decades painting upper superstructure areas black which were subject to exposure from funnel smoke or gasturbine exhaust
       gases.   
                             cheers Frank...

pugwash

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 11:29:18 pm »

Frank dont forget I was only a bunting "idoit" we didn't do funnels only flags and know how to spell -
nothing more embarrassing than having a bridge full of people and the skipper reads back you dictated
signal and says "signalman don't you know how to spell ........."
Geoff

supergolly

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »

Nothing to do with the new class Braunschweig but I worked up the original Brown Pig (as the German crew called her) in 1980 at Portland.
Mad as hatters - on the Thursday war they filled the sky with lead and anything else they could find to lob into the sky !!! Alpha Delta two eight, bunts !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.