Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft Scam  (Read 1637 times)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
World of Warcraft Scam
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:52:10 am »

I have now received two emails warning of changes to my "World of Warcraft" account (apparently a USA publication) and inviting me to contact them.

I have never held a WoW subscription but others here may have and be sucked in.

Beware,

Barry M

The Antipodean

Re: World of Warcraft Scam
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:21:51 pm »

That is strange as I have never been to the game site , let alone played it and I have been getting the same emails.
I am in America so it didn't seem so strange to me but seeing as someone from outside America is getting them I checked a couple of things.
I only get the emails on the one I registered for this forum with.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:44:49 pm »

Having received three emails ostensibly from World of Warfare I contacted them direct and had the following reply.

Greetings,

After a thorough database search, I can confirm that the e-mail address you have contacted us from is not currently associated with any account in our system, and no e-mails have recently been sent from us to this address. I apologize for any confusion.

Blizzard Entertainment is the developer of the online video game World of Warcraft. We have recently seen in increase in phishing or scam emails that are sent out by unknown third parties to many of our players, in an attempt to obtain World of Warcraft account information. While we are unsure of how these email addresses are obtained, it appears that even individuals that are not customers of Blizzard Entertainment are receiving these email scams.

Many of these emails contain valid contact information from Blizzard Entertainment, in an attempt to appear legitimate and coax players to reply with their account information. Examples of some e-mail scams can be found here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=965511383. You do not need to be an account holder to view this thread.

If you have no intention of using Blizzard's products, I would recommend adding 'Blizzard' to your spam block, or any other block option on your email account to prevent the receipt of further response. Please note that Blizzard cannot stop the receipt of these emails, as they are not originating from us.

For your own protection, we encourage you to review the following page which has details regarding Trojans and viruses, as well as programs to remove them: (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30812).

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply back to this e-mail or you can call our Billing and Account Services department for direct assistance. Representatives are on hand to take your call between 7AM and 8PM Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

Sincerely,

Game Master Aycael
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Unquote

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:04:44 am »

LOL the kids have a world of warcraft account but havent had the email :D
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.