Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Murphy's law  (Read 1626 times)

pugwash

Murphy's law
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:34:39 pm »

Isn't it just Murphy's or S-ds law the evening before you go on holiday in the garage filling up the petrol tank
for the journey to Hampshire and someone drives into to your car - straight into the drivers door which  will
not now close. Why couldnt it happen when you don't need the car

Carless Geoff

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Murphy's law
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »

So what are you doing now Geoff ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »

Hi Dicky - trying to sort out a courtesy car with Bristol street motors ( the AA's preferred repairer)
with very little luck so far.

Geoff

amdaylight

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:43:20 am »

Don't forget O'Toole s theorem, Mr Murphy was an optimist!   %) ;D %%

Andre

Prophet

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:50:20 am »

although it sounds a bit daft have you thouht about picking up a cheap car from the papers you can pick up all sorts for a few 100 quid, should be good enough to get you on holiday and return. you never know you might be able to sell it for a profit when you return  {-)  other option since its just the drivers side door, have you though about trying to do a quick fix by getting a spare door regardless of its apperance, change the lock around 2 hour job max,
 one more option could be ask a freind of family member to borrow there car for your holiday, quick change of insurance and your on your way :-))

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:48:27 am »

Cancell holiday, charge to other partys insurance and start again when you get your car back. You're gonna loose your No claim bonus, it's not a "No blame" bonus. Garage forecourt could be sticky aswel, not on the pubic highway.

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

pugwash

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:11 pm »

It turns out we are both with the same insurance company so they aren't going to bother fighting the claim
on my behalf - Courtesy car should be here in about one hour(maybe) so we have decided to leave first thing
tomorrow.  Got too much on  to go later in the year and we would lose the cottage rental (already paid).
I suppose I can't complain as its my first accident for 23years and then I was broadsided by a car coming
out of a side road - only walked away because I was driving a 740 Volvo, those protection bars they put in
the doors are great!

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.