Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No government here  (Read 2234 times)

bigfella

No government here
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:25 pm »

We had a general election here in Oz on the 21st of August and as of yet we still don't have a government. Hung parliament with 3 independents looking for pork from both sides to sway them to side with them. What a state of affairs and it is costing $50m  >>:-(a day while the public servants in Canberra are left sitting in the various government departments with nothing to do under caretaker government provision. I say go back to the polls and have another go.

Regards David

RaaArtyGunner

Re: No government here
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:36:55 pm »

Yep we are being held to ransom by morons.  >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >:-o >:-o
Back to the booth and vote :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:21:40 am »

Yep we are being held to ransom by morons.  >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >>:-( <*< >:-o >:-o
Back to the booth and vote :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Same here in the UK

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:54:47 am »

MOST Australians are now demanding a resolution to the federal election deadlock and would prefer another election over a hung parliament, regardless of which party the independents decide to back.

A national poll on the question of the future of a hung parliament has revealed that the majority of people are now fed up and would support simply going back the polls.

The telephone poll of 1000 people, commissioned by the Sydney-based public relations and lobby firm Parker and Partners, showed that 56 per cent of people now wanted another election.

It suggests that even if Julia Gillard or Tony Abbott manage to form a minority government, with the support of the independents, it will be a government not supported by the majority of voters.

Voters were asked whether they now supported a hung parliament or would prefer another election.

A total of 56 per cent said they would prefer another poll, with Western Australia recording the highest number of people - 66 per cent.

NSW had the least number of people wanting a new election, with 53 per cent.

Women more than men were likely to want another poll, with 61 per cent supporting new elections.

"These results suggest the second week of negotiations with the independents have really tested the patience of Australians," CEO of Parker and Partners Sarah Cruik- shank said yesterday.

"The community appears frustrated that the government is being so publicly held hostage by a handful of vested interests, and the risk for the independents is that they are now perceived to have overplayed their hands.

"Given Australians are notorious for complaining about the hassle of voting and their disdain for the election campaign that precedes it, it's pretty telling that the majority are willing to go back to the polls so soon in a bid to get a clearer result.  O0 O0 O0 O0

"The results reflect a growing unease within the electorate as to whether Australia really could be governed effectively with a minority government in place.

"The significant difference between male and female attitudes is fascinating.

"Often regarded as the more practical sex, it's pretty clear that women simply don't believe a minority government is going to work."

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 02:22:30 pm »

The one important thing that none of the parties have yet realised is that the average Aussie,
voted for neither of the above, if you get my drift, so I would think that the morons would be better
of coming up with some thing that makes sense for a change................. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:49:59 pm »

Thing is, back when I worked for a medium-sized department, and my boss went off sick for three months, nothing untoward happened. The world didn't end. Jobs got done, just as normal. To tell the truth, I think when he came back and found he rather lacked indispensability he was somewhat embarrassed.

...I'm beginning to think  ok2 we don't particularly need governments either. Once they get in power they just buy duck houses, spout hot air, start wars and talk nonsense.  %%

And think of the money we'd save without them!

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

karls

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:41:15 pm »

Hi your all lucky in oz  Our goverment is run by clowns and its not even funny
atb karl

MichaelK

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 11:19:15 am »

We Now Have A Ruling Parliament Party!!! :}
YAHOO {:-{ {:-{
 3 independants, of whome no-one in the whole country had ever heard of untill 2 weeks ago, now have a virtual strangle-hold on the power of the national future!!!! >:-o

I might move from my beach at DY :(( , and go and live in some country in deepest Africa, where at least I'll know which direction the relevant dictator will go! <*< <*<

Mick

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:10:21 pm »

We Now Have A Ruling Parliament Party!!! :}
YAHOO {:-{ {:-{
 3 independants, of whome no-one in the whole country had ever heard of untill 2 weeks ago, now have a virtual strangle-hold on the power of the national future!!!! >:-o

I might move from my beach at DY :(( , and go and live in some country in deepest Africa, where at least I'll know which direction the relevant dictator will go! <*< <*<

Mick

Mick
Don't forget the other two the green and the tassie, which makes 5 and so bottom line on any day it will all come a tumblin down. <*< <*< <:( <:(
Oh well on bright side Christmas is coming. <:( <:( <:(
Thought I might move to the bush cause that's where all the money and action will be  :-)) :-))

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 12:51:15 pm »

It would appear thar we now have a labour government, supposedly for three years
as ninety percent are over 60 any one of them has a heart attack we will have to go
to the polls again, wonderful system is'nt it........ <*< <*< <*< <*<

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:12 am »

3 independents, of whom no one in the whole country had ever heard of until 2 weeks ago,

It depends where you live, Mick. Tony Windsor and Rob Oakeshott are very well known in the northern tablelands and mid north coast respectively, and Bob Katter has been making headlines for years, not always for the right reasons :-). They are all very popular in their electorates, and were voted in because of that popularity, not necessarily their political leanings.

Maybe the current situation will force the major parties to work together for the good of the country, but perhaps that's too much to hope for  {:-{

As long as Mr Rabbit doesn't simply block everything just to be difficult, but I honestly doubt he has the mental capacity to know what's good and what's not  {-)

Peter.

bigfella

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 08:50:23 am »

It is still the Greens that will be the worry as they will have the balance in the Senate (upper house) and will have a hand in any legislation in the Lower house. This will not work for too long as any policy that the PM Gillard wants to present to Parliament has to be passed by 1 Green, 1 Ex Green and 2 Independents as well as the ALP caucus. Every one will want their little slice of any legislation which will slow things up and could cause some good legislation to be rendered useless by watering it down. Yet interesting times ahead.

Regards David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.