Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway 10 hatch coaster  (Read 5854 times)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
Model Slipway 10 hatch coaster
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:42:06 pm »

I am currently repairing and upgrading a Model Slipway 10 hatch coaster that I bought off Ebay. Very sadly this very nice model got severely damaged by the courier, even though the model had its own purpose built half inch MDF transit box with warning labels on it (this way up, fragile, etc - a red rag to a bull, as it must have been turned on its side or upside down  >>:-( <*<). So I am trying to find decent close up photos to locate where the broken off parts go (mostly the white metal bits on the deck of the bow and around the bridge and stern). I also want to add interior bridge details as there is nothing inside the superstructure shell which looks very bare. Does any one have photos of the interior bridge layout for this type of German coaster, or a plan? Any help with the above would be great and much appreciated! Do Model Slipway supply spare parts for their kits, as quite a few bits went missing in transit; the MDF box got damaged and had a hole in it, so I think several parts are in the courier's van. I've been told by the courier that they can only pay a maximum of £100 compensation plus refund the delivery charges... great.

Cheers
Simon

sailorboy61

Re: Model Slipway 10 hatch coaster
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 05:20:31 pm »

Have a look on Modelslipway's website...lots of pics and info there...and I'm sure if you spoke nicely to them they would help out where they can.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »

If it came off ebay then the seller should refund if he arranged courier.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »

If it came off ebay then the seller should refund if he arranged courier.

Bob

Agreed!  Take pictures and get on to the claims department!  >>:-(
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:59 pm »

Is it within the rules to name and shame?
I take delivery of around 10 parcels a day from jiffy bag
to euro pallet size.
When the van driver opens the rear doors I can see
a jumble of parcels thrown all over the van
The the van driver throws them about trying to find mine
This is not one courier this is how they all are
I would like to refuse the delivery sometimes
but we need the item to keep the factory running
DHL springs to mind

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

sailorboy61

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:08:42 pm »

Indeed...not just DHL or Home Delivery or whatever they are called now........ even Royal Mail parcels, as I stood next to him yesterday as he threw things about in the back of his van looking for mine!

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 03:39:57 pm »

What annoys me with these couriers now is you have to 'sign' an electronic pad device which doesnt give you room to put 'goods uninspected.' I've noticed some companies saying if you open the packaging and find it damaged and you havent stated uninspected on delivery, you cant get a refund.

This is total nonsense though. You can reject the goods within 7 days of receipt (upto 3 months in some circumstances) without having to give a reason under the Distance Selling Regulations if you bought from a business.

May companies post Terms and Conditions on their web site thinking they comply with the DSR's but I can assure you, if they dont provide you with written rights of cancellation, their website T&C's dont met the DSR's. The actual requirement is the T&C's must be supplied in a 'durable medium' and a print it yourself web page doesnt satisfy this.

Obviously, the DSR's dont cover purchases via flea bay.

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 05:52:39 pm »

Thanks for all the replies fellas. Sadly I had to organise the courier (the seller wanted collection) because I had no other way of getting the model. I suppose I asked for the damage, but it still doesn't excuse the sloppy, jobs worth attitude these idiots adopt. However, just to return to the main thread of my enquiry - that of internal photos of the bridge or a plan of the bridge interior; does anyone have any photos or info about this? The photos on the Model Slipway site are good but not large enough to identify all the parts. The excellent website link to the real coasters that Model Slipway provide is great for external detail but has no bridge interior shots sadly.

Cheers
Simon

Tankerman

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:55 pm »

The "Model Shipwright" magazine published an article with photographs on this class of vessel back in the 1980's, together with a plan to 1/48th.scale which may have been by Jim Pottinger. Why, though is it a 10 hatch coaster? As far as I can see from the photographs of the real ship it has a single hatch with the steel hatch cover made up of 10 sections.

sailorboy61

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:05:26 pm »

The "Model Shipwright" magazine published an article with photographs on this class of vessel back in the 1980's, together with a plan to 1/48th.scale which may have been by Jim Pottinger. Why, though is it a 10 hatch coaster? As far as I can see from the photographs of the real ship it has a single hatch with the steel hatch cover made up of 10 sections.

Indeed...ten hatch lid sections....normally only 1/2 actual 'hatches' (holds) on this size of vessel.

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »

Get in touch with Jackie at Model Slipway. They're very good and I'm sure they'll be able to help you with any advice, and missing parts. Dave  ;) ;)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »

Many thanks again everyone for your help. Model Slipway kindly supplied all the missing parts and now most of the damage has been repaired; the vessel is now looking much better.

Cheers
Simon  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.