Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: help needed  (Read 7331 times)

terry1956

Re: help needed
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:05 am »

thanks for that, will have finished my diagram by the weekend, and by that time the one from the makers will have turned up, so will need to translate that from german to english ( fun {:-{) and then match up the items. will then start to take apart.
two more questions, i have found under the bridge section inside the hull a second battery pack. any idea what that is for???
also someone said get newer switch bear for the tanks a B.T.S. ballast tank switch, put the makers list 6 of these which one would i need.
michael

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 10:00:28 am »

The second battery pack is probably for the radio supply (BEC's don't work very well on lower voltage boats).

The new switcher boards are a luxury, but far from necessary IMO. I'm sure the old boards with a rewire and general once over will do the job just fine.

The different types allow for enhanced operation, from bang bang control of the tanks to fully proportional.

terry1956

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 08:00:03 pm »

will got the plans in the post today, and NO wiring diagram, how do you lads build these things without wiring diagrams ??? michael

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:02 pm »

Well each kit would come with a set of instructions.

Did you contact Engel and aks them if they had instructions on file for an old Patrick Henry.

Most of their kits instructions are available in their free download area, unfortunately not your boat though, and there is lots of information on setting up piston tanks. These are all in PDF format.

http://www.engel-modellbau.de/catalog/downloads.php?kat=2&osCsid=da7b306e23f2b84ea5ee4223976ef40e

hmsantrim

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »

Hi michael.
                 you are making a bit of heavy weather of this just as in a boat the wiring goes from,
                the power source to the radio gear
                 the power source to the motor
                 the power source to the tanks
                       get the idea.

cheers Frank

terry1956

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 11:12:09 am »

Hi, thanks to  both the above, yes heavy weather as i don,t know what i am looking at, finished the wiring diagram and going to take apart today and sort out. my real worry is it all looks a very badly made model with odds bit of wire and battery packs made from this and that. i  just don,t want to copy the in build mistakes if you know what i mean. will have a look at the link, thanks again, michael
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.