Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peg Board  (Read 3823 times)

wallace

Peg Board
« on: September 05, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »

Hi to one and all once again I need help.
Can anyone help me with the building off a peg board   40    and  27
how big and how many pegs

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Peg Board
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:07 pm »

Hi Wallace

You need a peg for every channel and a board with all the numbers on. Each peg on the board has the channel No on it.

Your club members have a peg with their name on it.

Your members take the peg with their frequency off the board and replace it with the one with their name on it.

When the member has finished he takes his peg and puts your frequency peg back on the board.

At the end of the day check peg board and if there are any pegs with members names still on the board fine them £1.

Its worth having some spare blank pegs for visitors.

If you have your peg board with the numbers down the side, the pegs can be clipped to the board where the numbers are.

Frequency numbers. You only need the last three numbers ie not the 40

http://www.ukrcc.org/40mhz.html

Just found a photo of ours  >>:-( >>:-(
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

triumphjon

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:54:47 pm »

they are a great idea when used ! i now sail at a local public lake , there are two clubs that use said lake , i dont belong to either but always make a point of checking frequencies of other modellers before sailing . the only problem is that many people turn up , switch on their models and operate without even thinking of checking frequencies , even the old flags on the top of the tx areil dont seem to be used anymore !

wallace

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57:44 am »

Good Morning Dicky once again thank you and its not the first time you have help me, the board looks great  will have to find some spare wood.
How big would you say is a good size   i.e  3foot high by 2foot
once again Dicky thank you the photo is a great help.
                          wallace

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 12:44:39 pm »

Kirklees Club have a very nice board  :} :}

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 04:50:39 pm »

Good Morning Dicky once again thank you and its not the first time you have help me, the board looks great  will have to find some spare wood.
How big would you say is a good size   i.e  3foot high by 2foot
once again Dicky thank you the photo is a great help.
                          wallace

Unless you have unlimited room in your car/van/transport, or on site storage, I would suggest the smallest size you can get away with. 2x3ft is enormous methinks.
However, it needs to be readily seen and not get lost in the background.

HTH
Don't Assume Check

dave301bounty

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:18 pm »

Is this board for New brighton . if so ,the members want lessons on its use ,I was down there the other day and two people put there ...on the water after me ,I lost control and they knew new it ,only for the fact , I was in company ,there would have been a few words exchanged on their knowledge ,lack of .

wallace

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »

Hi Dave its wallace and yes its for New Brighton the one they had seems to have gone walkies i said I may do one and a big maybe love to know where the other s have gone.
Hope you are ok hope to see you there i only go on sundays if its not to cold and windy big day i hear on the 18th.
              wallace

dave301bounty

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »

Try asking Pearl ,with the badges on/hat . Seems to know most things ,he has this knack of being in the place where it happened ,or was seen last .

keef666

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 09:14:37 pm »

Wallace, you can bet if you make a new peg board the other two will show up!

wallace

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

well keith since the peg board has been made I will give it a miss  lets hope its gets used but I was shot down by a member about the members pegs and fine oh well cant win them all .
I have heared that the chairman is standing down at the next AGM I may start going again but lets wait and see.

mattycoops43

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 07:28:03 pm »

Stick to your guns, if you have been the one to get going and actually build it, if someone else has a problem tell them they should have done it themselves first! there's too many people around at the moment who just want to criticise others efforts!

Matt

dave301bounty

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 08:32:27 pm »

Wallace , As that chap says ,stick to your guns ,go for it , ,and Ive been asked to go along ,so there could be three ,but like as been said ,, ?  ? things do change .

mersey dave

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 11:07:36 am »

With more and more going onto 2.4 i would'nt bother wallace, you know your self most down there need to get on together first :-))

Regards Dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.