Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: U Boat Tender  (Read 2093 times)

garston1

U Boat Tender
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:38:17 pm »

A few years ago i took this photo on 35mm film (come on, you remember it). It shows the U Boat tender Wachtel, having been lifted from Langton Dock in Liverpool. I don't know anything else about the boat except it didn't half smell, and don't know where it is now. Can anyone shed any light on it?

sailorboy61

Re: U Boat Tender
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:48:33 pm »

Well I imagine the tyres will still be going..... but by the look of the rest if it back then....... it may well be a big pile of brown dust by now.....! :D  :D  :D

Anyway, made a change from the usual old bilke frames and supermarket trolleys!!

I just threw out half a dozen rolls of that 35mm stuff the other day...... no doubt someone will tell me know how useful it would have been for 'something' or 'other'

Wasyl

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:50:53 pm »

Maybe John Carpenter,got it as stage prop for his film The Fog!!! either that or its been re-cycled into lots of bean cans,.....but,..its.more likely to be on the yellow river in china,..they buy everything else  {-)

Wullie

hmsantrim

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:37 pm »

Hi Wullie.
            Now you know where the steel for your qashqai came from. no wonder you`r takin it back.. {-)  :P

Wasyl

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »

Hi Wullie.
            Now you know where the steel for your qashqai came from. no wonder you`r takin it back.. {-)  :P

Dunces hat fir you Frankie boy,..Qashqui....think Japan,...not China

{-)
Wullie

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 01:18:49 pm »

That's a really great picture. In a funny kind of way I also think it would make an interesting model.... %%

Jonny.

Rocketman

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:49:22 pm »

My first thought was, whats a U Boat tender doing in Liverpool harbour? Or am I missing something obvious????? :((

Wasyl

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

My first thought was, whats a U Boat tender doing in Liverpool harbour? Or am I missing something obvious????? :((
Its probably cause you,re in Darkest Dorking,you,re missing the obvious {-)

Wullie

hmsantrim

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:38:32 am »

hi Jonny.
              RE: In a funny kind of way I also think it would make an interesting model..its been done..

cheers Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.