Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: light configuration on a 10 meter motor fishing vessel  (Read 4036 times)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
light configuration on a 10 meter motor fishing vessel
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:39 am »

finishing off a half built boat for a friend at work, its a model of a motor fishing vessel-  a stern trawler , built in the 70's, he has photos of the original vessel, and not alot else...- its scratchbuilt, and he asked me if i would help with fititng working lights...

i am happy to do the deck lamps and the bulkhead lamps but i am not 100% sure on the light configuration for a fishing vessel  'at work' at night....

so  could you mayhemmers or someone like  Dave tait point me towards the right lighting configuration for the boat...its said to be under 10m in length

so the usual navigation lights, stern light , masthead lamp....

but  and am i right in thinking twin white  lights to show trawl nets deployed ???

any advice  please ?

all in all its just another brick in the wall......

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: light configuration on a 10 meter motor fishing vessel
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:35:27 am »

I'll look up my book when I get home Guy , off the top of my head I think its All round White at the top of the mast , Red light next and Green light. Just can't remember the correct order for trawling just now ( well its been 12 years since I last worked on a trawler )
Davie Tait,
Scotland

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:03:07 am »

Guy, lighting should be two all round lights green over white plus nav lights - white masthead light is optional
for vessel under 50 m LOA  ( I assume the bit about optional masthead is when they are showing the trawl lights)
Geoff

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:56:13 pm »

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT ! :-))
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

sailorboy61

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:20:58 pm »

Guy, lighting should be two all round lights green over white plus nav lights - white masthead light is optional
for vessel under 50 m LOA  ( I assume the bit about optional masthead is when they are showing the trawl lights)
Geoff

And the green trawling lights are for when they are trawlling.... but since most fishing boats don't seem to have an 'off' switch for these for when they aren't......so realism dictates they stay on!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.