Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Apache  (Read 11892 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: New Apache
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

well guys and girlies
pick the apache up and all i can say is these are quailty mouldings ! the boat isnt the lightest but certainly not the heaviest ! cracking job martin ! 

Yes Mark this is all very good but how will it burn when you get a hole in it mate :} :}
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:41 pm »

Hi Mark thanks mate im glad your happy,makes the hard work worthwhile.As you say shes not the lightest but i went for a good medium of strength and quality without making it too heavy.I think i got it about right,i wouldnt want to go much if any lighter for a race boat.I weighed another well known hull the other week and it was arround 13lb mines 11.6 so i think im on the money.Look forward to seeing how she comes together and how she runs for you.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 07:07:25 pm »

Yes Mark this is all very good but how will it burn when you get a hole in it mate :} :}

Dont even go there Bill  <*<  <:(

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 07:25:39 pm »

Martin, ask Mark sometime about the viking funeral at the end of Weymouth pair.  :} :} :}
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

He told me yesterday Bill ,i meant to check it out on utube lol,confiscate his matches will yaa  ok2.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »

Managed to get some work done on the hull,for now im sticking with standard strut and single pickup rudder with a transom mounted pickup also.Just used what i had to be honest,full mod zenoah with a 90% stainless header and 2" band aluminium pipe.I need to space off the strut a bit more with some ali plate as its tight against the transom which i don't like.Radio box need to go lower so will cut stringers a bit as im having this box sit to the right a bit.Pipe will also go inside the hull once i cut the hole in the transom in case your wondering  ok2.Tank will be made using the ali water bottle once i get some fittings,ill make a cradle to hold it in place.Engine will get mounted when i get back from our hols and i hope to have it all done and running the week after we are back if i can but i think i have a few boats to build also so we shall see.
Mart

tmbc

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 09:52:53 pm »

He told me yesterday Bill ,i meant to check it out on utube lol,confiscate his matches will yaa  ok2.
Mart

matches ! WoW i forgot to tell you there was a gallon of petrol to help too ! ;0)

bulldog1966

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 11:53:02 pm »

{-)hi i am new on this site just wondered how much you would charge for the insert for the apache brute force i have two need insert for one when i say insert i mean the lid wear the men go as i said i am new to this site but not for model power boat racing .and been doing so for some considerable years

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 09:15:25 am »

You mean you just want a new lid ? id need your dimensions length width etc to be sure it will fit.Ill pm you a price just in case.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

Made a new hull using the new Navaho mould ,did this one in Blue ive yet to install rails in this one so anyone interested in one for C class let me know before i do  ok2.The top deck isnt joined on yet its just taped on as i only pulled the parts from the moulds today.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 10:56:47 pm »

Decided to try a new colour for the next build,im having some custom decals made up for her so when i get her built ill post a few pics.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:56 pm »

few more pics

gwa84

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 01:21:12 am »

looking good liking the black should be fun trying to spot it at distances lol

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 09:39:56 am »

looking good liking the black should be fun trying to spot it at distances lol
When shes got the decals on im having made there will be no problem spotting this baby :}.Incidently im installing decals to take some nice pics for my website then she will be for sale,someones going to get a loveley looking boat  :-)).
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 06:09:11 pm »

Well her she is all finished  ok2

omra85

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:19 pm »

Very shiny and very black Mart - all you need now is some little brass handles on the 2 coffins on the back  {-) {-)
Cheers
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 11:47:58 pm »

Not the easiest colour to work with when moulding a boat thats for sure but i think it was worth the effort,
coffins lol {-)

Uncle Winnet

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

like this boat just sean the video looks good im looking to get a petrol boat over the next few weeks
allways had electric

what kind off price are you looking at excluding radio gear

john

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:37 pm »

Please check the Traders section for the price of my hulls and the Black one which is for sale,i only sell the hulls no radio gear ,motor or hardware.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:23 pm »

Heres the latest,blue with holographic flakes that really shimmer in the sunlight,gives off a green shimmer with silver in there also.Just installed rails today,still needs the seam glassing on the inside then she can get a polish and shes ready for the next customer  ;).Deck had a small blemish where some foreign object got into the clear gel along with my flakes so i dremmeled it out and ive fixed it,almost invisible now,should disappear totally once ive buffed it up.These pics are as it came out of the mould just wiped clean after trimming no polishing yet so you can imagine how much its going to shine when its buffed up  O0.
Mart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.