Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap ciigarettes  (Read 6812 times)

wallace

cheap ciigarettes
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:03:26 pm »

has anyone been on these cheap cigarette sites and are they any good
has anyone brought cheap fags online.
would like to hear from anyone and if anyone know where to get them from.
          wallace

Wasyl

Re: cheap ciigarettes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:47:09 pm »

Stick to the Tobacconist,then at least you,ll know that the one,s there will, only contain the recognised poisons put in by the manufacturers,..and not the poisons you,don,t know about that go into these "Bargain"cigs, %%

Wullie

Prophet

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »

ain't buying 'cheap fag's' illegal since they cheap because there not duty paid? we all know the rules in customs when buying smokes, limited to so much for that reason. not only that theres the health risk involved how do you know what your really smoking cheap knock off's could have all manner of chemicals not normally found in cigarettes, I'm a 20 a day smoker myself and buying them on the cheap sound well and good ( i can get them cheap from my brothers in the services so they get them 'off ship') but i would rather pay the £12 for 50g then shove something down my lungs that may be either illegal or worse more toxic then the c**p I'm already ingesting !

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

Sorry Wallace but I reckon anyone who smokes is a mug. Give it up.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Wasyl

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:16:53 pm »

I,.m an ex-smoker,but I,don,t go about thinking,those that smoke are "Mugs"each to their own,I say,It was my choice to start,just as it was to stop,I have a fiend who visits me almost every day,and he,s a smoker,but I don,t tell him to "stop"and neither do I think he,s a "Mug"i think of him as a very good friend,

Wullie,

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:36:29 pm »

I,.m an ex-smoker,but I,don,t go about thinking,those that smoke are "Mugs"each to their own,I say,It was my choice to start,just as it was to stop,I have a fiend who visits me almost every day,and he,s a smoker,but I don,t tell him to "stop"and neither do I think he,s a "Mug"i think of him as a very good friend,

Wullie,
Wullie I have plenty of friends, sorry, "fiends" who smoke who I will tell to their face that they are mugs including my son.

You haven't had the emphysema as long as I have and have probably not yet got to the stage I have where I now have to travel everywhere by car or wheel chair, use a stairlift to get up stairs, have to take 30 to 40 pills a day plus inhalers, have put on 12stone because of the lack of excersize and medication, have to be on oxygen all night, need help to wash and dress, need someone to fetch and carry because of breathlessness, get your prescription delivered in two carrier bags and have died on two seperate occasions being bluelighted to hospital.
I also cant travel too far because of the water pills.

I smoked 20 a day and was as fit as a fiddle and I was a mug.

Still keep smiling as there is always someone worse off.

Wasyl

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »

Dicky,if my reply antagonized you in any way,then I apologise,
As for me,yes you are right,I probably have,nt had my emphysema as long as you,I,m 10 years into it,and have to admit,I,ve not been an ex-smoker for 10 years,as for getting around,well, I,m in the same boat as you,I have to use my Motability car,without it i,d be stranded,..luckily our house is all on one level,so no stairs,but even taking the weelie bin out,a round trip of 100m is a struggle,I too have put on weight Not so long ago used to be 3 stones overweight,..i.e.6ft 1in =13.5 stone this is what i should be,now think 21st,so i know where you,re coming from,as of yet i don,t need oxygen but i do have my little  air machine with mask,Not oxygen,   pumped air,to combat sleep apnoea,...I too have a cocktail of pills to take,Not as much as you, I don,t think,..I can,t take a bath anymore,cause I might get wedged in and not get out {-)"Not a pretty sight"and as for water pills,there the bane of my life,and its not the first time I,ve been caught out and had to head towards the nearest bush,tree,anywhere,in order to relieve myself,In fact I nearly got caught one day,and had I done so,,I probably would have been called a flasher,..Don,t all laugh at once,I,ll do it for you {-) {-) {-) {-)...but having said all this,..If there,s one thing people hate,Its getting "Preached to by an ex-smoker"...So I make a point of Not Preaching,...I just ask them,...Did you sleep in an Ashtray last night" {-) {-)

Wullie

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:05 pm »

Not everybody gets emphysema.  My late wife didn't.  She always appeared healthy and active, right up until an arterial blockage manifested itself that resulted in a sudden fatal heart attack last year.
Then you see people balanced in wheelchairs because their legs have been amputated due to poor circulation brought about by tobacco deposits in the plumbing.
Still, if they give you pleasure, enjoy them while you can.  If you buy from an "official" tobacconist, the poisons are traceable.  If you buy elsewhere, they are not, and you have no idea what extras you my be taking on board.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:33:02 am »

two things about smoking, people who smoke should be able t as long as they are sealed in an air tight plastic bag so I don't have to smell them or get there secondhand smoke, the price of them should be double so you can pay for all the damage you do to other people, buying them cheap deprives the NHS of money to fix the problems they cause and also gives money to criminals to fund other crime.

malcolmfrary , I have to go to hospital on a very regular basis and out side they are all congregated dragging drips in wheel chairs etc coughing and spitting I have to go through a fog to get in and out of the main front door. these idiots never learn

<*<peter <*<

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 12:52:40 am »

Wullie I have plenty of friends, sorry, "fiends" who smoke who I will tell to their face that they are mugs including my son.

You haven't had the emphysema as long as I have and have probably not yet got to the stage I have where I now have to travel everywhere by car or wheel chair, use a stairlift to get up stairs, have to take 30 to 40 pills a day plus inhalers, have put on 12stone because of the lack of excersize and medication, have to be on oxygen all night, need help to wash and dress, need someone to fetch and carry because of breathlessness, get your prescription delivered in two carrier bags and have died on two seperate occasions being bluelighted to hospital.
I also cant travel too far because of the water pills.

I smoked 20 a day and was as fit as a fiddle and I was a mug.

Still keep smiling as there is always someone worse off.

Right on Dicky D  :-)) :-)) :-))
Bottom line if you are a good friend and your friend is acting stupid wouldn't common sense and concern for your friend motivate you to assist in whatever way you can.
Stop making excuses and tell them to stop smoking. >>:-( <*<
And yes I gave it up and fortunately my health, from smoking, has recovered. O0 O0

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 06:35:12 am »

mmmmmm Both DickyD & RaaArtyGunner     ....are on the correct track  :-))....if we care for someone we should constructively help ..... O0

I gave up 15 years ago with the patches :kiss:....& never looked back..........I just wish I could convince my wife to stop before it is too late  <:( <:( <:( ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 08:44:22 am »

Wullie I dont preach to people about giving up smoking but I will use myself as an example as to why people should.

It is the "it cant happen to me attitude" that really frustrates me. It can, look at me.

Still back to the boat building, it's about the only think I can do on my own these days and even that is getting harder what with paint, glue and solder fumes.

Wasyl

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 09:16:11 am »

"getting harder what with paint, glue and solder fumes"
simples,...  wear a respirator mask,

Wullie

PMK

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 09:26:23 am »

Dicky, I know that you're a proud bloke and I'm not gonna start getting all soppy by patronising you. But, for what it's worth, I really and truly do admire you having the will to finally kick your niccotine habit. In fact, just reading your symptoms alone should be enough to scare anybody away from from smoking for ever.
But as you probably know, for years and years I've been partial to smoking a bit of the five-fingered weed - all kinds of varieties. You name it, I've smoked it. And I damn well enjoyed every single one, too. So how come kicking the cannibis habit was a pure doddle, dead easy, yet kicking the niccotine habit is pure hellish?
And, in spite of this recent heart-attack caper, the craving for niccotine is still there... constantly. I've smoked just two cigarettes in the past three month and have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed every single puff. The heart attack should have been the biggest wake-up call of all, so how come I'm still walking the walls and absolutely gagging for a smoke all the time? And it gets even worse after I've eaten, because the desire for a smoke is then even stronger. Logic and pure common sense is screaming at me, telling me not to smoke another cigarette ever again. So how do you free yourself of the constant craving?
All those pills and potions in your bathroom cabinet should be enough warning to scare me away from smoking for ever. But the cold, honest truth is, I'd smoke a cigarette even at this very moment if someone were to offer me one.
And yes, I have tried those 'Inhalator' devices, and yes, they taste absolutely vile. Same deal with niccotine patches - they don't work either.
So how on earth does one kick the craving for niccotine?..... even though we are all fully aware just how damaging the damn stuff can be?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:27 am »

PMK, hi dude, sorry to say but the cravings dont go away completely, some days I would kill for a cigarette.

Its really down to will power and personal choice, live or die early.

Having tried the die early bit twice I have decided to stay off the cigarettes. :-))

wallace

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 09:48:44 am »

Hi guys I really started something going about these cigarettes
Im so sorry It came up while chating to someone about cigs and he said about this site online for cheap fags
I dont smoke and all I can say if someone wants to smoke let them as I used to smoke 40 to 60 aday but not any more since my first heart attack 6 years now and im on 40 tablets aday as well cant do much exercise and put on weight as well    but im happy doing my boats and sailing them at the lake in new brighton.
Love you all and chat soon/   wallace :-))

PMK

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 10:02:18 am »

What?... died twice already?! Man, I had no idea. In that case, perhaps you made the best choice..... even if the craving is always there.
Dig this...
I'm only waffling all these posts' this morning because I'm trying to kill time, because in a couple hours time the doc's will be stopping my heart for a few moments. The idea being to test this new defibrillator - testing to see that it works its magic and jolt my heart back on-line. It's not something I'm looking forward to. And being that I'm terrified of hospitals anyway, all this waffling is my way of trying to comes to terms with it.
Apologies for bending all your ears this morning.

And assuming that the defib' actually does bring my heart back in business, I'll bet the very first thing I'll think of is wanting a cigarette.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 10:10:29 am »

They know what they are doing dude. Dont worry.
Let us know how you get on.  :-))

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 10:43:41 am »

I was a smoker for 50 years, then I got a health shock so decided to pack it up.   I needed assistance, not enough will power, so went to an acupuncturist.  After the first session, no more ciggies and that was 13 years ago.   Won`t work for everyone but worth a try.   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 10:54:52 am »

There's another side to cheap cigarettes.

About a year ago, in Belfast, I was in a newsagent. I saw a woman asking for cigarettes, and the seller offered her "the ones under the counter". Turns out there was a big cardboard box full of cigarette packets stashed away down there. They looked kosher, but didn't have the usual UK health warnings on. The woman paid perhaps half what she'd have normally done, and went on her way.

Asking about this, my wife (who's Northern Irish) informed me that those cigarettes are smuggled in - maybe over the Irish border, having been landed in Ireland from somewhere in Europe. They are therefore tax-free, but the profit (and it's still substantial, it's cash and it's not taxed) goes to fund extremist groups. Buy weapons, keep paramilitaries "employed", fund the knee-cappings and beatings that still go on.

By buying cheap cigarettes you're not "just" getting one around the UK taxman, you are, whether you like to admit it or not, helping to support criminal activities. In NI, that's violent sectarianism. In the UK it can be criminal gangs engaged in any kind of illegal activity, who could well using cheap cigarettes to launder money.

Now, I'm sure I'm like most people: I don't mind skirting taxes, but I really object to supporting immoral, violent and abhorrent causes.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Wasyl

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:35 am »

I of all people,know what smoking cigarettes,does to you,as smoking related illnesses ,are part of my family,but it did,nt stop me from starting,I started when I was 21 and over the next 35 an odd years tried to kick the habit,even although i was never a heavy smoker,averageing 10/15 per day,and sometimes not smoking for a week or two,then stopping for 6 months,then starting again,I was diagnosed with COPD in 2000,and stopped immediately, but it only lasted for 6months,then I started again,In 1996 my late mother was diagnosed as having,smoking related  Lung Cancer,she had a Lung removed in 1996 and died in 2006,of something far removed from a smoking related illness,My late father had a cancerous growth in his mouth removed successfully in 1972,he continued to smoke after this date,he had a massive heart attack,smoking related,in 1997,and survived,he died in 2003 from a non smoking related illness,
Although I have COPD,and other,health issues,my quality of life,is still quite good,a way above Dicky,s I think,I have good days and bad,the good outweighing the bad,
I go for a lung capacity test once a year,and luckily for me the past 5 tests have shown,that my COPD is still mild,
I don,t believe the craving ever leaves,.my Father told me 6 months before he died,..that there were times he could murder a cigarette,my mother on the other and,after she had her lung removed became nauseous if she stood next to a smoker,
To help me with my cravings I got a prescription from my Doc for Nicorette,gum,and the Inhaler,and can honestly say they do help,along with good old will power,..Will I stay off cigarettes,??? I hope so,but who knows,I just take one day at a time,..because you know what they say,"you die if you worry,You die if you don,t worry,So why worry"

Wullie

wbeedie

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 11:56:22 am »

The old man smoked for forty years before stopping 10 years ago and the last 20 years upto a hundred a day at sea(skipper on fishing boat) , when he stopped his health went down holl fast now has COPD and asbestosis from the wrapping that went round the exhaust that was in the wheel house , Even now he wished he hadnt stopped even if it killed him as the tablets and the likes he has to take every day to keep him going along with artheritis ,and other things attributed to his time at sea ,unfortunately he cant be put under general as he wont come round ,not once has he mentioned others smoking around him although my mother who smoked for 5 years constantly nags even strangers about smoking habits
Anyway back on topic I wont even consider buying cheap cigs unless they are duty free as all the rubbish that is put in them

Wasyl

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 12:49:39 pm »

Its just life,whats bad for one,might not be bad for another,i,m of the opinion that its all pot luck,,,like the old saying,"whats for you,will not go past you,"my mate Robert,his Dad was 90 a month ago,he still smokes,10 a day according to him,20+ according to his son,and up until his birthday was driving a Jeep Cherokee,but now that he,s 90, it a 4 wheel scooter,but to look at him,he still looks like there,s a few more years in him,and he started when he was 14, Then there,s my brother-in-law,he,s 52,he goes through a 150g+ of Golden Virginia,a week...100 ciggies+ per day,and he does,nt have a wheeze,I,smoked less than 20 per day, and I,ve got a wheeze,..Its all down to luck I say,

Wulie
ps, up here in Scotland,especially around weegie land,there,s been cases recently whereby counterfeiters,have been making up their own brand of Golden Virginia,..from discarded tailor made ciggie butts and floor sweepings,sawdust,and a half oz of good GV,then they packaged it in what looked like a genuine GV pouch,and it was sold at car boot sales and the Barra,s,..They got caught because they could,nt spell..."Golden Virginia"..they spelt it,   "Golden Verginia" {-)

Wullie   

The long Build

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 01:21:57 pm »

ps, up here in Scotland,especially around weegie land,there,s been cases recently whereby counterfeiters,have been making up their own brand of Golden Virginia,..from discarded tailor made ciggie butts and floor sweepings,sawdust,and a half oz of good GV,then they packaged it in what looked like a genuine GV pouch,and it was sold at car boot sales and the Barra,s,..They got caught because they could,nt spell..."Golden Virginia"..they spelt it,   "Golden Verginia" {-)
Wullie   

No right, but least someone is picking up all the cigarette butts and recycling..  :police:

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 01:42:11 pm »

Food for thought.  O0 O0 O0

Would you every day or week take a twenty quid note (or whatever is the price of a packet of fags in your locale) and put a match to it and watch it burn  >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <:( <:( <:(

That's smoking.  <:( <:( <:( <:(

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 23 queries.