Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay  (Read 1710 times)

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
ebay
« on: September 13, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »

I am selling a couple of items on ebay (not boats) I have a bid for the starting price on one, but have received a very good offer for the two. Can I withdraw them rather than wait for the auction end ?

Colin
Colin

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:09:24 pm »

eBay only allow you end the auction early and sell to the current higest bidder, or end the auction early and not sell it to anyone. Any deal you make with the party interested in both items is outside of ebay and is a private deal between the two of you. eBay frowns on this practice as they dont make any money off you.

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »

Also if you do end it make sure you are happy with the buyer as you may also fall outside of any ebay protection.

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »

What ebay protection,???? 99% of the time it only favours buyers,sellers get shafted,and as for paypal,another joke,ebay says that a seller must offer Paypal as a method of payment,yet a German seller does,nt have to,

Wullie

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:51:46 pm »

Agreed , but Technically the protection is there and by going outside the norm Ebay & Paypal would use it as an excuse to help even less.

garston1

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:15:13 am »

I'd leave them on until the auction nears its end, if your getting more than you were offered fine leave them to run. Otherwise take them off and claim they've been broken! :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:23:27 am »

Don,t listen to him,he,ll get you barred, {-)..just take my advice and you might not get anything,seriously though ,if you leave whatever it is on,just remember that if you want to end the auction early,i.e. item broken,or no longer available,etc etc,if you want to revise your item,it has to be done before the last 12 hours,

Wullie

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 08:17:34 am »

When I had a motorbike on, there was someone desperate for me to end it early for £2,500, it went on to go for £3,600
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.