Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric boats not fair  (Read 3455 times)

Tombsy

Electric boats not fair
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

After complaints from the nitro guys that electric boats are too quiet and they can't hear us coming up to pass them we now have a new requirement. ok2

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Electric boats not fair
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:19:07 pm »

Good job too! It.s true you can't here an lecy boat coming.  %%
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

John Mk2

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 07:33:13 pm »

Nearly got knocked down by one of those Hybrid Hondas today in a B&Q carpark  :(( Need to be aware now days %)

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 01:41:42 pm »

Hai friends..i am willing to post my reply to this topic, as i also was suffering from this same problem.we can simply add an audio freequency oscilator, with motor connection, with a diode in series,to protect the circuit from back EMF from motor.it also works as a smoother. by a simple audio oscilator, you can simply create any type of engine noise, all with a small speaker..a 3 inch tweeter do the best.it will make an howling noise.so ROOOOORRRRRRRR

tomo55

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »

Good idea with the playing card .might be worth getting a plastic coated one to stop it going soggy in the water .LOL
Chris

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:22 pm »

Now that is really funny! I just sent a copy of your card trick to a friend who races nitro boats.
Good stuff!
Windchaser

flashtwo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

Hi,

I think Rathikrishna's idea of using a small loadspeaker is a good one to try - you could connect the speaker across the ESC output and get a perhaps 1KHz tone of variable amplitude according to the power output. The speaker may need a series resistor or potentiometer to limit the current and the amplitude - happy experimenting.

Ian.

Roadrunner

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 12:50:03 pm »

Not to state the obvious here, but im sure one of the reasons that electrics are quite is some lakes are close by and the locals may not want to hear the roar of several nitro engines running around the lake all day, (i know others reasons are about water pollution etc) so that will explain the IC ban on a lot of lakes,  thus a quite option for those who still want to go fast on a lake with out the hassle of the extra noise and added pollutants.
Fast electrics can be quite noisy as it is, so im not sure the 'nitro boys' notice as their probably quite deaf from years of  'meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerom'  at close range  %% %%

rathikrishna

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 07:03:39 am »

Friends..i told you to try a simple lectronic circuit...so you can simply overcome this problem..you can see my craft here is running on 4.8 volt battery pack.its a silent crature..so i fixed a sound generator to it...now..?  see this video once...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfg8FQobks

mikearace

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 03:30:35 pm »

You really have some genius working with what you have Rachu

phillnjack

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 12:15:59 am »

Does it do any good when we pass the leccy boats and cover them in water on the way back   :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR BY THE WAY

phill

triumphjon

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 12:09:10 pm »

its not always speed that wins the race ! when your poor glow motor stalls , the elecy just keeps going , but judging by the speed that some of these brushless elecy motors produce it wont be long before the elecy boat can out perform your glow motor anyhow .

phillnjack

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 12:03:36 am »

Just think
Nab tower and back on electric   mmmmmmmmm that would be good

phill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.