Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrics - nav lights  (Read 8427 times)

sailorboy61

Electrics - nav lights
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:45 am »

Hi,

any recommendations where best to purchase nav lights...I am after a quantity of double lights either pre or possible to wire up, suitable for 1/32 scale models.

I see Cornwall do some but only all round or 115 degree. (Has anyone used these - perhaps they can be converted from 115 to 230 degrees easily?). Brass would be nice, but plastic if no alternative.

I am slowly adding a list of modeling supply sites to 'My favourites' for easy online access...... would also welcome any names to add from your favourite modeling suppliers.

Thanks

tony52

Re: Electrics - nav lights
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:43:42 am »

Hi,

Are these from Reade models suitable? either illuminating or not. Don't meet your spec fully as they are plastic.

http://www.reademodels.com/page54.html

Tony

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:27:50 am »

Try Redbank Models , Blackpool.  I`ve had brass ones from Wingertaz (Redbank) on Ebay ,    Best selection is from  www.modellbau-kaufhaus.de  Mail order from Germany.
..well can you land on this?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:40 am »

Mobile Marine Models do them all in brass.

Brass navigation and running lamp sets; White-metal navigation & running light sets; Oil lamps; Single Lens & Twin Lens 'modern' designs are all part of the vast range of uniquely engineered lamps by Mobile Marine Models, to accept LEDs & / or grain-of-wheat bulbs...

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/acatalog/Electrical.html
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:43:17 am »

Try Redbank Models , Blackpool.  I`ve had brass ones from Wingertaz (Redbank) on Ebay ,    Best selection is from  www.modellbau-kaufhaus.de  Mail order from Germany.

Arrow5,
Good catalogue selection pity about no English version  <:( <:(
When reading Euros does the comma signify cents that is 82,39 means eighty two point 39 euros.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 11:50:50 am »

If you adjust your glasses you will see that the comma is actually a full stop and therefore a decimal point. %)

My Google automatically translates foreign web sites into English, dont know if it would translate into Australian though. ok2

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 11:59:09 am »

You are awful Dicky, does your translator do PDFs , mine doesn't.   When are they going to put Strine onto the Google Translator for the ex-convicts ? %) {-).  I see that Kaufhaus dont take Paypal now!  They are a bit expensive but that is quality for you, yeh pays your money and...   I forgot to put this link www.redbankmodels.co.uk
..well can you land on this?

sailorboy61

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 12:02:34 pm »

The german ones look super quality...but at a price.... still, might be worth if for the look. They have some nice stuff on there!

sailorboy61

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 12:06:05 pm »

Mobile Marine Models do them all in brass.

Brass navigation and running lamp sets; White-metal navigation & running light sets; Oil lamps; Single Lens & Twin Lens 'modern' designs are all part of the vast range of uniquely engineered lamps by Mobile Marine Models, to accept LEDs & / or grain-of-wheat bulbs...

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/acatalog/Electrical.html

Doah!!..silly me...was looking at their lighting sets, but seemed to mostly contain single lights.....never thought to look just in the fittings section........ sorted!

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 12:33:45 pm »

You are awful Dicky, does your translator do PDFs , mine doesn't.   When are they going to put Strine onto the Google Translator for the ex-convicts ? %) {-).  I see that Kaufhaus dont take Paypal now!  They are a bit expensive but that is quality for you, yeh pays your money and...   I forgot to put this link www.redbankmodels.co.uk

Thank you Arrow5,  :-)) :-))
Don't know how Dicky knew I wuz wearin glasses he must be sickic.  {-) {-)
No my browser Firefox can't translate  to strine >>:-( <*< <:( but i fink i cun till member ow ta till read hinglish, if ya kin point me in dat direction, Nicley nicley O0 O0
Or do i look it up wit guggle,Ta %% %% 

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 01:07:56 pm »

Open Google.

Click on "language tools."

Click on "Automatically selected languages" then choose your language, has to be English I'm afraid.

That'll be right. :-))

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 02:02:48 pm »

Ta  :-)) :-))

rathikrishna

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 07:47:49 am »

Hai..friend..you can simply make lights for your crafts simply...for that you need only some high brite L E D s, with a resistor to it...and you can also make searchlights from back caps of a ball point pen..and for bigger crafts you can use the miniature bulbs used within car's instrument panel.you can light up your craft in a dramatic way by using white L E Ds at the bow as in a row...it will gives us a amazing view..in water at dark...

rathikrishna

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 07:57:37 am »

such a simple but effective works can see here ..its a simple LED..denotes a PORT navigation light..

rathikrishna

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:36 am »

by holding the LED on a 13 mm drill chuck, carefully, you can slice off its round head, can grind and buff, and yes you can cut grooves and bumps over it by a needle, or by a small chiesel...
while turning on a drill chuck..on a vise..

stew49

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 08:39:17 am »

try  http://babelfish.yahoo.com/   for translating stuff. :-)

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »

Here is som LED lighting that I created.

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res1tf1s/id12.html

:-)

Howard Q

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 08:22:53 pm »

Hello sailorboy61.
Try www.modellingtimbers.co.uk       -Keith has a variety of nav lights in various sizes and types to match your model, if you are at the Blackpool show this weekend you can pick them up there as he has a stand there, saves on postage, he also does bulbs to match. :-)) :-)). Howard

sailorboy61

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 08:44:00 pm »

Hello sailorboy61.
Try www.modellingtimbers.co.uk       -Keith has a variety of nav lights in various sizes and types to match your model, if you are at the Blackpool show this weekend you can pick them up there as he has a stand there, saves on postage, he also does bulbs to match. :-)) :-)). Howard

thanks Howard, all sorted now, see Umi's post above...got some from her, but will be at Blackpool on the weekend and have a look. 

sailorboy61

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

Here is som LED lighting that I created.

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/res1tf1s/id12.html

:-)

Thanks Umi....already received yours ;0)

tony52

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 09:21:47 pm »

Hi rathikrishna
Couldn't help but admire your model earlier in this thread. What vessel is she?
Obviously a newly finished model, but has the model been on the water yet? if so any photographs or further model details would be appreciated. Would be best under a new topic.

Sorry to go off at a tangent from the original subject.
Tony.

rathikrishna

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:48 pm »

sir i posted that Pict in this article to show the port side red navigation light, but now i think its not much visible in that photograph.i made all lights from LEDs, goes in to various sizes, from 2mm to 16 mm. and its my new mine sweeper, based an actual craft, with 90% of my imagination.its not finished because of my busy. an LED and a back cap from a ball point pen makes an excellent lights and it drops almost within 50 m amps. and works well.i always think people about fortunate to buy modelling goodies from modelling stores. here i do not have any suppliers for such things..so i have to make all needed things myself for me..so dint make fun upon me...its a humble request..i also have some restrictions from my parents because of gender.but i am going to resign my job and i will be a full time model maker soon...thank you all...Rathi

tony52

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 06:43:04 pm »

but i am going to resign my job and i will be a full time model maker soon...

Might I take this opportunity to wish you success with this.

Tony

rathikrishna

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:19 am »

Thank you Sir..because i know i have to do more in my modelling.by this year i will finish my research and i will be a free bird ....thanks once again for the wishes...

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 06:57:24 pm »

Rathi

May I add my good wishes to Tony's. Your inventiveness and resourcefulness will stand you in good stead!

Regards,
            Mike
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.