Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maersk  (Read 2360 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Maersk
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:24 am »

I have posted images of this vessel on this thread as Wasyl was having problems with it and I am sure he can fill in the details relating to them.

Wasyl

Re: Maersk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:13:54 am »

I,ve been that long in Hibernation,that i failed to notice that this topic has already been posted elsewhere on here,it was brought to my attention by Martin,yesterday,but not before I,d asked Sheerline to help me post these pics,..So its a big thanks to him,and a Dunces hat for me, {-)..which at times fits me perfectly, {-)

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:45 am »

some info

A recent documentary in late March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that 
          all of these containers are shipped back to China , EMPTY. Yep, that's right. 
          We send nothing back on these ships. What does that tell you about
          the current financial state of this country? Just keep buying those imported
          goods (mostly gadgets) until you run out of money.

Then you may wonder what the cause of unemployment (maybe even your job)
          in the U.S. and Canada  might be????

'Nuff said ??

sailorboy61

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:13:19 pm »

some info

A recent documentary in late March, 2010 on the History Channel noted that 
          all of these containers are shipped back to China , EMPTY. Yep, that's right. 
          We send nothing back on these ships. What does that tell you about
          the current financial state of this country? Just keep buying those imported
          goods (mostly gadgets) until you run out of money.

Then you may wonder what the cause of unemployment (maybe even your job)
          in the U.S. and Canada  might be????

Not ALL, but mostly empty..... same goes for ships from USA, though for a while even that stopped as it was actually cheaper to buy a new one in China than to ship an empty one back!
The discrepancy is in the weight/volume of shipment...from China its generally light weight/high volume.... return stuff is heavey and lower volume...mostly cos it isn't cheap plastic c**p!
Least thats how it was when I was driving these ships!

amdaylight

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:58 am »

Greetings,

What I find strange is how weird that ship looks without any containers on it. The tall tower in the middle to look over the containers when it is full.

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.