Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoration Project Other Boat  (Read 5014 times)

airwolf572010

Restoration Project Other Boat
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:46:59 am »

Hi and Once again tks for all your help so far in prrevious Restoration Forum.. Here is Picture of the other boat I was telling you about which came today and not in such good condition as the other Yacht but still worth doing I think... Anyway once again supposed to be around the 1940 circa in Australia and this is the one which is painted and could possibly have a Cedar finish underneath all that paint ... We shall see... I have a bit of work dont I with both these boats but enjoyable work it will be..

Okay thats about the Picutures.. I believe that half the Keel is missing also so if anyone can help and of course we will need rigging, sails etc.. So this might spur someones memory to exactly how she might have looked when built...

regards to you all
Airwolf

airwolf572010

Re: Restoration Project Other Boat
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:12 pm »

Looks llike I have got you beat at the moment lots of lookers but now advice hammm is it a hard one folks..

Little Rascal

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:24:04 am »

Hi airwolf

Can you give some dimensions?

Is the keel missing or is she designed for a shallow pond? The rudder and the fact that she is so beamy says to me that she's been designed that way maybe...

Jon

airwolf572010

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 05:13:00 am »

Thanks for reply Jon no boat hasnt arrived yet but as soon as it does will go right over it and give all dimensions , weight and as much else as i can get
Tks again
Airwolf

hmsantrim

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:42:56 am »

Hi airwolf.
               you have a transom mounted rudder with the tiller arm missing so what you have is a dinghy which dont have any keel
                weights on them.  there appears to be a large cleat in the middle of the deck where the rigging would have been tied off.

could you resize futher pictures makes it easier on the old mince pies..

cheers Frank..

airwolf572010

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 10:26:40 am »

Hi Frank and thanks for info Boat is on its way here and will furnish everything I can plus pikkies to help us all out.. This was ordered sight unseen and only through pictures shown to me so will advise soon... Tks for help
Airwolf

hmsantrim

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:55 pm »

Hi Airwolf.
                  I have put up links for the aqataur and laser dinghy so you can see their design.  the laser has a small  bulb weight which
                  you could add to yours and has the transom rudder.  The aquataur as in the real thing uses the crew as ballast.

http://www.asqq32.dsl.pipex.com/photos/imagepages/Aquataur%20index.html

http://www.asqq32.dsl.pipex.com/photos/imagepages/Laser%20index.html

cheers Frank

airwolf572010

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:55 am »

Hi Frank and many tks.. Looked at those and Laser seems to be goo doesnt it... I think however the one I am receiving needs a lot more scrutiny and will forward all specs and pictures decent ones probably within the next week or so... So please keep a lookout for me mate most helpful and as always all advice really appreciated..

Thanks

Chris

hmsantrim

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 10:33:57 pm »

Hi Chris.
           I had it in my mind that there was a plan for a dinghy some where one here if you are interested c..p picture though.

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/21127/mm258-moth-single-sheet

cheers Frank

airwolf572010

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »

Hello Frant gees I wish the boat was here already so i could give you the stats.. I just found out something however and I did look at your posting of the link .
This boat has , now dont laugh like a container on the top apparently that you fill with sand or something to balance her out. This is what the bloke that sold it to me
said and its also from the same estate as the big yacht I bought... Did you have a look at that yet i would love some of your advice re sails etc .. Its all there but mate
you are the only one who seems interested in the restoration... Anyhow Frank thats all Ivew got at the moment.. The boat in this case is still 2 weeks away from being delivered so when i comes will advise...
You know Im excited especially when I look at the big boat and know the work that would have gone into it and perhaps the blue boat in the pikkies. I guess Im lucky some would have ended up on the rubbish dump i think but the 2 boats have a good home now and will be restored to there formal glory but need all the help I can get as not really been in to Yachts before

Cheers

Chris

airwolf572010

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:44:24 am »

Here is a beautifully! shaped handmade timber sailing yacht.

Lots of character

Circa 1940s

82cm in length

Very light,and highly possible that it is made of cedar,but uncertain due to paint coverage

The sail tie down on the top deck is made of cedar (pictured)

The top small inbuilt type container is used as a weight stabilizer,filled with e.g sand,or water.

Has been used sometime as an r/c model as there is a servo link on the rear still attached

Beautifull either way,for display,restore,or sail!

Please note:the keel is broken by approximately in half (pictured)

Also there is no sail

selling as purchased,please examine photos

Boat still hasnt arrived as yet but this was write up with pictures if any help...

hmsantrim

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 06:20:19 am »

Hi airwolf.
               wots up you given up on this already, feel you have bit off more than you can chew.

frank...

airwolf572010

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 06:23:04 am »

Hiya Frank no not yet I just wished that the boat would get here.. Its got to come from afar so our postal service in the country is a wee bit slow..
Nah Ill be giving it a lash and asking for lots of advice, dont you worry about that.... haha
Chris

airwolf572010

New arrival this morning...
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:46 am »

?See Frank I just received this is the mail its alittle cutie isnt it haha..This is what I will use to learn to sail the bigger yachts I have.. have a little lake down the
back of the Caravan Park I manage which should be just perfect... Can you give me any history on this little one called a Sea Lite with electric motor and sail winch..
All appears to be working great with new batteries...
Chris

hmsantrim

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 07:27:05 am »

Hi Chris.
            If you Google Ripmax Sea Lite Yacht   you will find all you need to know I thought it was for the bath tub to be powered by a
              hair drier  {-).   here is a remark from another forum.

I just bought this boat at Kmart for $20 a few days ago ( the red and blue one with the motor) and mines sailed fine right out of the box. As a matter off fact, it sailed so well that it sailed clean out of the 150ft radio range and set its own course across lake michigan toward open water. Leaving Chicago, I can only imagine that by now its probably halfway to Makanac Island somewhere, so I won't even bother thinking about it anymore  {-)

Anyway, I went back to Kmart and bought another one (same boat, same price) and plan to be a lot more careful with this one. This one I can assure you will only be used in the swamp in our local park

airwolf572010

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 09:48:04 am »

{-) {-) {-)
Well done that was great mate haha Im still laughing anyhow this is a little lake haha no it wont sail to UK from here haha
What more can I sway
Chris

airwolf572010

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 10:02:03 am »

Geez Frank i was just lookin this after noon and mate i think I gone crazy.  :o
I looked at my collection and not countin the restoration 2 boats i have the following sitting looking at me and one still in the box
1 x IOM Argonaut 4(Name of boat on sails built in Brisbane 2007)
! x Legend 900mm
1 x Monsoon 900mm still in box (Sold the built one)
1 x Surmount 800
1 x Century 750
! x Triumph 800
1 x Victory Wildcat Catarman
1 x Gemini 600 Catarman
Thats why I first looked at the build on the Monsoon in the forums and I couldnt understand why so many people either had probs or complained... same as ;the Legend
I know they are chinese but I have not had a problem with any of them at all..This is why I have to learn to sail haha as none of them have been in the water yet.. I know they are set up correctly because I am pretty good at guessing haha .

Chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 20 queries.