Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pocket Money,????  (Read 1684 times)

Wasyl

Pocket Money,????
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:18:56 am »

In the Daily Mail yesterday, there was an article, about a proposed Government,idea,whereby,if getting the go ahead, we will all end up in the Goverments pocket,and we,ll get "pocket money from the Gov,There idea is,All, our wages,will be,sent to  HM Tax,they will deduct Tax,NI,Student loans,any moneys due to HM Gov,at source,then HM Tax will deposit whats left,into out bank count, <:(

Wullie

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Pocket Money,????
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:30:25 am »

Doesn't PAYE do that already, sort of?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:20:24 am »

{-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

April fools day come early ..

Mind you they were very successful in the implementation of the CSA , the Benefit department is so well controlled   NOT...

Never happen. 

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:19:52 am »

It might be time to start discussing the revolution....... <*<

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:47:06 am »

Doesn't PAYE do that already, sort of?

No. At the moment, if you work for a company, the company pays money to you and deducts a pre-calculated bit to send to the government as tax. The major financial relationship is between you and the company you work for.

The floated proposal was that the government should now take over this relationship. So that, when you work for a company, they send ALL of your pay to the government. The government then works out how much tax it wants, and passes the remainder to you.

Like all of the constitutional changes we have been having over the past decade or so, a fundamental principle has been changed, but there would be no obvious initial practical impact. Only later, once the machinery was in place, would we find that the government could then easily operate, for instance, a mandatory pay policy, where they defined how much money each 'citizen' would be allowed to live on....

Wasyl

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 11:25:16 am »

At the moment, there are some policies in place,whereby the Gov,define how much a couple can live on,but some of these policies a contradictory to each other,e.g Payment of Incapacity Benefit,..2 years prior to me retiring through ill health,I made a claim for  Incapacity Benefit,Thi was refused on the grounds that my wife earned too much money,..she works part-time,and earns £113 per week,the Gov said that a couple can live on £96 per week,..Benefit denied,
yet another policy set by the Gov contradicts this,i.e.Pension Credit,..they say a couple should have a minimum of £212 per week,..less wife,s earnings of £113 = £89.78 per week,

Wullie

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »

It might be time to start discussing the revolution....... <*<

Yes they did that once before, hence we are now stuck with successive / spineless and  useless Governments.  <*<  ( no Knighthood coming my way)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:53:54 pm »

For government, should we not be reading "Civil Servant"? It isn't the government that actually taxes us, they come up with the numbers and an obviously incompetent body of thieves works it out wrong and steals it from us.   >>:-(

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 01:59:48 pm »

obviously incompetent body of thieves works it out wrong and steals it from us.

That's a bit of an unfair comment I think. Yes, they do often get it wrong but don't tar everybody with the same brush - there are a lot of very frustrated people doing their best in the public services who hate the situation just as much as you do. And there are just as many, if not more thieves in the private sector - banks for instance! (But that doesn't mean that the cashier in your local branch is one of them).

Colin

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 02:09:20 pm »

I'm not tarring all with the same brush Colin and I speak from the point of someone with very close family ties as part of the organisation.  :D

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.