Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK PLC?  (Read 4374 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
UK PLC?
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:04:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IM7Hobd_k

Found this, it is very enlightning... and scary!
There are several videos in the whole lecture and I have watched them all. If it's all true then I have been in the dark since birth and this has been an education indeed.

HawkEye

Re: UK PLC?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:30:12 pm »

Hi sheerline,
I've been following developments on this for over a year now and although the facts seem to be in place, to be honest I think it's a very long and difficult hill to climb, although a few individuals do appear to be successful and popularity of the subject is increasing .
More info at -

http://www.tpuc.org/forum/

http://www.fmotl.com/forum/index.php  and many others.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 11:05:04 pm »

Hi Hawkeye, I have to say, it was a window cleaner who brought this to my attention. He ranted on about it very enthusiastically for quite a while to the point I thought he might be a bit wierd, but i looked into it when he'd gone and have to say he was corrct on every point.
He also said ,like you, it is a lifestyle choice and one he has taken but it is definately something you have to fully understand before embarking on such a course.
Whether one decides to become a 'freeman' or not, the possesion of this information has certainly opened my eyes and made me think. I have drawn my own conclusions on several aspects of our society eg: the law, the legal system, the whole nine yards in fact.
I always wondered why the gates were thrown open to mass immigration, I could never understand the logic behind it. I came to the conclusion that money figured in it somewhere but could never work out where it fitted in... now I believe I do and think it's all down to birth certificates and what they are worth to the government. All complicated stuff and I simply surmise on that score but certain aspects of the structure (or lack of it) of our society would appear to be answered by analysing some of what is learned from this lecture.

Fascinating stuff.

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »

My opinion on this is totally irrelevant - but it I agree with Bryan young it was the old adage of the armed forces
NEVER DISCUSS POLITICS OR RELIGION.  This is a model boat forum, after the problems this weekend I think it
should stay a model boat forum - with some other reasonably innocuous topics in  the chit-chat section.
A topic like this one is only going to start discord again.
Geoff

HawkEye

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:19 am »

Yes I must agree with pugwash, wrong place for this discussion, no more from me on this topic.

hawkEye

Damien

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:15 am »

Ummmm this is chit chat isn't it?

Certainly makes a lot of sense on this premise do we as employees vote to change the directors of said corporations at pre-detirmined intervals?

I'll need to thunk on this some more.

Damien.

ZZ56

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:57 am »

This is almost as good as that old American guy who says you can get out of taxes by basically stamping NUH UHHH, GURLFRIEND on the envelope and returning it to sender.   {-)

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:31 am »

An old Greek guy called Plato would be really disappointed by Mr Harris  %) .  A Frenchman called Jean Paul Sartre would be insisting Mr Harris had 'tunnel vision'.  :} 

Roger in France

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:21:24 am »

Not only are his arguments and conjectures simplistic they also avoid the full issues by addressing some of his perceived symptoms of malaise.

He also fails to impress with his basic lack of knowledge about politics, law and justice.

Incidentally to those who say politics and religion should not be discussed, I would suggest that the reason why such subjects are avoided is because many folk cannot talk or think about such things without becoming heated and descending into criticism and denigration of other participants in the discussion rather than the ideas they express. This usually stems from partial knowledge, a sense of inadequacy,even ignorance.

Roger in France

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:51:54 am »

Evening all...after reviewing a balancing act between UK-PLC & Mayhem.......without question I shall continue to log on to Mayhem & PD's [Paddleducks UK] each morning and evening as usual..... :-)) ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

pugwash

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 10:53:23 am »

Roger, your final paragraph confirms exactly why politics and religion become heated topics - people do say things
they may afterwards regret.  I know I have a slightly right of centre bias probably due to my family, forces and police
upbringing.  I know if we all got together you would have views ranging from left of  Stalin to the right of Thatcher
and could probably never agree with each other but 80% of us could put over those views without causing too much
offence to others.  Its the other 20% or so that would turn it into an argument or worse ( to wit some of the comments
that have been posted this weekend) I can't believe the armed forces didn't know what they were talking about when
they said they were taboo subjects.  Your final sentence is quite ambiguous are you referring to ***moderated*** and I
who advocate not discussing politics on a model boat forum or about people in general - if the former I find the comment
offensive - if the latter I think it proves my point

Geoff

*** Please avoid taking pot shots at other members***

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:33 pm »

Gentlemen, I posted this link as I personally found it interesting and thought others may find it so. It is never my intention to stir the pot or cause offence to anyone and as this is a chit chat section, I have seen all manner of discussions far removed from anything to do with model boats. I have also witnessed many spats and arguments which stem from a non political or religious base. This forum contains members with mindsets ranging from extreme left to extreme right and there will always be those who will go beyond the wire in any discussion on any subject. I have no fixed views on the subject matter, I found it thought provoking and possibly educational since it may inspire individuals to question what appears as the status quo in our lives. Those who do so will possibly expand their knowledge base, those who don't will remain in ignorance.
If there is a forum rule which forbids a subject, I will not go there as I adbide by this forums rules. This topic subject matter was intended to show how the documentation and the wording of same which governs our daily lives has been altered beyond our normally held belief and in understanding that, provoke thought and perhaps question the legal structure under which we all live . The poitical aspect of it is obvious and would no doubt enter the discussion, references to religion have absolutely nothing to do with it.  I see no reason why anyone could get heated over a discussion of this nature unless they were just being downright offensive. In such cases I also see no reason to respond to such comments and simply sideline individuals who indulge in such behavoiur on a forum.

I took some time out last night to look in on a forum where police officers were discussing this  subject and  have to say, I was very surprised and impressed with the civility and intelligence which which it was conducted.

Roger in France

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »

When I wrote what I did above I was neither thinking of any individual nor directing my comments to anyone. I was merely stating my view of why many feel politics and religion are to be avoided as subjects for discussion.

I must now add that I omitted to say that some folk who hear discussions on these topics feel threatened by the opinions of others.

As Plato has been referred to it is worth remembering that he was very skillful in asking questions rather than making assertions. His enquiries led others to think of the arguments that Plato would otherwise have postulated himself.

For anyone interested, "The Republic" is now available as a free download to be read on line, stored or read on an eReader from the Guttenberg Project. A wonderful example of a free wheeling discussion which leads to the joint discovery of truths.

Roger in France

sailorboy61

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 01:59:28 pm »

Roger, your final paragraph confirms exactly why politics and religion become heated topics - people do say things
they may afterwards regret.  I know I have a slightly right of centre bias probably due to my family, forces and police
upbringing.  I know if we all got together you would have views ranging from left of  Stalin to the right of Thatcher
and could probably never agree with each other but 80% of us could put over those views without causing too much
offence to others.  Its the other 20% or so that would turn it into an argument or worse ( to wit some of the comments
that have been posted this weekend) I can't believe the armed forces didn't know what they were talking about when
they said they were taboo subjects.  Your final sentence is quite ambiguous are you referring to ***moderated*** and I
who advocate not discussing politics on a model boat forum or about people in general - if the former I find the comment
offensive - if the latter I think it proves my point

Geoff

Sorry, I'm lost.....where is right of Thatcher??      >>:-(    >>:-(

pugwash

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 02:18:48 pm »

Mr Moderator may be permitted to draw your attention to the Public Revolution thread Reply number 25
without being moderated or otherwise censured.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 03:40:22 pm »

Nice pick up Sheerline and I agree with your own veiled opinion on the subject. What the guy says may be to some a simplistic view but it's not untill ones own personal opinions are aired, that the lines in the sand are drawn.

A sad fact of life is that the many (And I didn't say All) whose aspirations and opinions go no further than the success of a group who wear gaudy shirts filled with advertising or display, (.)(.) are quite happy to go with the flow untill their lifestyle is disrupted.

Regards  Ian.

Edit. Just had a thought, maybe the are right. To have an opinion invites criticism.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Roger in France

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »

Pugwash,

I do not know if your most recent comment is addressed to me?

All Moderators are also Members and are absolutely entitled to post in any subject, provided it is clear that this is being done as a Member and not a Moderator. Which is why Moderators use a blue typeface when moderating.

To suggest that I or any Moderator would abuse our position when writing as a Member is unworthy.

Are you asking for the topic to be locked?

If not, could you explain your post, please?

Roger in France

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:04 pm »

In the Andrew politics and religion were considered taboo because of the fact that differences of opinion could fester and cause problems in a situation where everyone relied on each other.
Living in conditions that would have been illegal for farm animals to be kept in we had to get on.
14 Guys living in a space in the bows 7ft wide at the bow 20 ft long and 12ft wide aft differences of opinions had to be kept out of it.
This was the 70's by the way!
Submarines were even worse.
We were all volunteers by the way

On the forum a difference of opinion is just that a difference of opinion
we dont live in each others space so a day off and come back to a different topic keeps the peace

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

pugwash

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:54:12 pm »

Roger,  I wondered why another members name had been moderated from my post  - it was as if I had misquoted him or put forward
a view on his part which was false -  my reply was just to bring to the attention of the person who moderated my post that I had not in fact
misquoted another member.  This was not an attack on amoderator or suggestion that one had abused his position position and don't see how
it could be taken as such

kit1947

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »

Gooday. Careful old mate, we've already lost a few members this week because of misinterpretation of posts.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 08:20:09 pm »

So who have we actually lost kit1947?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 08:23:29 pm »

Roger,  I wondered why another members name had been moderated from my post  - it was as if I had misquoted him or put forward
a view on his part which was false -  my reply was just to bring to the attention of the person who moderated my post that I had not in fact
misquoted another member.  This was not an attack on amoderator or suggestion that one had abused his position position and don't see how
it could be taken as such

You were taking a general point made by a member (who just happens to be a moderator) and assigning it to another member by name.
This could easily be seen as sniping. This behaviour is potentially inflamatory, even if that was not your intention.
That is why the post was moderated.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

chingdevil

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:12 pm »

Kit1947

You are up early ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

HawkEye

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 08:28:05 pm »

Getting back to the subject ( almost)
Let me just put a few snippets forward for your perusal, non of which cover religion although they may brush slightly on politics  :((

How Much Money The Average UK Family Pays In Tax - (from 2007 so a bit out of date)
http://www.where-does-it-go.com/taxes/how-much-money-average-family-pays-tax-uk/83

20% VAT
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/rate-increase.htm

Climate change: buyers face tax penalty for poorly insulated homes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/7899920/Climate-change-buyers-face-tax-penalty-for-poorly-insulated-homes.html

Climate change report calls for passenger tax on flights to reduce CO2
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/dec/08/passenger-tax-flights-reduce-co2

COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING
http://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=3

Perhaps there will be a global cooling tax on the way

THE NEXT ICE AGE - NOW!
http://www.iceagenow.com/

I've only jumped back in on this thread to interrupt the bickering that was starting - don't shoot the messenger.

So just how much of your hard earned money would you like to give the governments of this world
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.