Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Arrow deep vee racer  (Read 18070 times)

F1 madness

Re: New Arrow deep vee racer
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 04:04:15 pm »

Been busy with a few orders m8  ok2

snap,iv got a busy year myself and hopefully will be selling my hulls once sorted out  :-))
I may be interested in 1 of these with the cut down lower hull for an electric project  :} :}

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

Sounds good m8 and as ive said before if you need anything moulded ill see what i can do to help blah blah blah  ok2.A guy in Finland just ordered an Apache hull and he wants it for leccy power  :o.Would def be a cool project if you decided to do it  ok2.Lets hope we both get enough work to make this into a fulltime job,if you need anything putting on my website id gladly do it for you m8.Im having a better website built by a friend also  ;).
Mart

phillnjack

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 05:45:10 pm »

Do you make anything else to do with model boats other than the boats.

I.e  Fibreglass boat stands, like the ones prestwich used to sell, large radio boxes etc ?

Or is all your time consumed with building these nice boat hulls ?

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:43 pm »

All my time is in the boats right now m8 thats why the Arrow has taken a long time to get done but ill get one done soon O0.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:19 pm »

Well ive spent last night and this morning waxing the new plug made using the prototype part i made and shes all ready to start laying my tooling Gelcoat.The new mould should be finished for the weekend and ill remove it from the plug on Monday and see where were at.
All been well i can make the very first part towards the end of next week or the begining of the week after that so for those who have been patiently waiting you wont have to wait long now  :}.
Also heres a cpl of pics of a Navaho hull im doing at the moment thats a mix of glass and carbon ,this hull is going to be super light and strong.She has no rails as its going to be a twin electric im told.The first Arrow will probably have a carbon hull also so i posted the pics to show what shes going to look like,a friends been waiting for this one hope you like it Mark  ;).Cant wait to get the first one built im exited about this one.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »

Well ive spent last night and this morning waxing the new plug made using the prototype part i made and shes all ready to start laying my tooling Gelcoat.The new mould should be finished for the weekend and ill remove it from the plug on Monday and see where were at.
All been well i can make the very first part towards the end of next week or the begining of the week after that so for those who have been patiently waiting you wont have to wait long now  :}.
Also heres a cpl of pics of a Navaho hull im doing at the moment thats a mix of glass and carbon ,this hull is going to be super light and strong.She has no rails as its going to be a twin electric im told.The first Arrow will probably have a carbon hull also so i posted the pics to show what shes going to look like,a friends been waiting for this one hope you like it Mark  ;).Cant wait to get the first one built im exited about this one.
Mart
If that's for Mark I hope it's fireproof  :} {-) {-) {-) {-)
Scoop

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:01 pm »

Haha no Viking Funerals for this one m8 but the oposition might be left dead in the water lol :-)).
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 09:40:13 am »

Hey mart looking good,look forward to seeing how this looks once complete :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 02:32:20 pm »

Hey mart looking good,look forward to seeing how this looks once complete :-))
Managed to get 4 coats of tooling gelcoat on the plug ,will lay the first layer of glass this afternoon and leave this to fully cure and probably add the rest of the layers tomorrow 2 at a time till ive got a decent thickness probs arround 1/4" then leave it a cpl of days to fully cure.
Mart

phillnjack

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »

come on mart
we need pics to see whats going on. %%

phill

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:42 pm »

Patience m8 lol,,moulds all finished just waiting for it to fully cure then ill spend time trimming it and cleaning and polishing it up.Should be able to get it waxed up next week and make the first part  :-)).Best be quick cos i allready have a lot of orders for it lol.
Mart

tmbc

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 04:41:00 pm »

VIKING FUNERAL !!!!!! thats one for the history books !!! will have to think of something else ! it will have to just as spectacular !

lookin good mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 08:23:25 am »

Hi Mark,moulds all polished up and ready to start waxing ok2,ill take a few pics later.I hope to get the first part made over the weekend and ill post pics of that too.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 02:16:54 pm »

Well the first parts made,i pulled it from the mould a cpl of hrs ago.
All i can say is it came out perfect,no flaws and shiny as a button.
Heres a few pics of it straight after rough trimming ,no polishing done yet just a quick wipe down,it still needs some final trimming and polishing but its allready shiny and smooth i couldnt be happier  :D.I added a cpl of pics with the new hatch plug that ill be moulding tomorrow sat on it to show how she will look,first hull will be finished by the end of next week.
Mart

samuelmerry

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:07 am »

All I can say is I like it!
I hope to do a similar top deck for my Virgin Atlantic Challenger II hull once i have learned how to glass!!!!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 10:51:45 am »

Whats the dimensions of your hull Samuel maybe this could be made to fit and do a seamless join if needed.
Mart

F1 madness

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 11:11:55 am »

Looking good there mart,look forward to seeing a completed hull :-)) :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Laying the hull on Thursday so should have all the parts made over the weekend and start assemly then.Finished hull should be done by midweek so ill post a few pics then.Early signs are im going to be busy with these lol.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »

Well the first parts made,i pulled it from the mould a cpl of hrs ago.
All i can say is it came out perfect,no flaws and shiny as a button.
Heres a few pics of it straight after rough trimming ,no polishing done yet just a quick wipe down,it still needs some final trimming and polishing but its allready shiny and smooth i couldnt be happier  :D.I added a cpl of pics with the new hatch plug that ill be moulding tomorrow sat on it to show how she will look,first hull will be finished by the end of next week.
Mart
It's been worth the wait Mart, judging by the deck :-)) O0 Might even order one myself  :-))
Scoop

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:41 pm »

Thanks m8,best be quick its like a stampede at the moment  :}...... {-)

phillnjack

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

I dont suppose many people think about re-topping and old hull.
It makes good sense if the hull is a good one and all the internals are good.
By having a new top put on can give a good hull a new lease of life.

I think the new streamlined boat will be a good one going by previous boats built by this person.

phill    

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »

Hatch mould is finished just need to leave it a day or two to fully cure then ill wax it ready to make the first part.
The Arrow will be a boat to be reckoned with im sure  O0.Stands to reason this one should run faster than the big Apache i build due to the lower profile and im sure she will turn just as well if not better too.A few guys running the Apache are well into the mid 50s some upto 57 mph with the 28-29 cc zens.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 12:53:55 am »

Hatch mould is finished just need to leave it a day or two to fully cure then ill wax it ready to make the first part.
The Arrow will be a boat to be reckoned with im sure  O0.Stands to reason this one should run faster than the big Apache i build due to the lower profile and im sure she will turn just as well if not better too.A few guys running the Apache are well into the mid 50s some upto 57 mph with the 28-29 cc zens.
Mart
If you would like info on the 29cc (or even the highly modded 27's) where to buy etc try a pm to tmbc  :-))
Scoop

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:52 am »

Well guys heres the first one from the moulds i hope you like her,shes not joined up yet the tops just sat on for the pics.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 12:20:07 pm »

Well guys heres the first one from the moulds i hope you like her,shes not joined up yet the tops just sat on for the pics.
Mart
Who's been a busy boy then ?  :-)) I want one, have to drop hints to my beloved before my birthday  {-) {-) {-)
Nice one Mart but don't go letting that fire melt all yer hard work mate.  ;) :}
Scoop
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.