Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: In Hiding  (Read 10994 times)

Tugwash

Re: In Hiding
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 08:18:59 am »

You guys must be pretty bored to worry about such pedantic things such as how many 'guests' are looking at the site, {:-{ up until yesterday i was one of them!

Iin regards to posting email and location i can't see why other won't post a location its actuality rather handy to see if there are others close to you for one reason or the other, not to sure on the posting an email though since there is a PM system in the forum as long as my email is not abused by others i have no problem sharing it.

Harry

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 09:29:55 am »

I've read this thread and some of the points which have been made are quite laudable, however,  I am wondering  if a  'guest' will be encouraged to become a member and join our forum on reading it?  :-)

Wasyl

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 09:39:22 am »

As it was me who started this Topic,I feel ,that its up to me to explain why i started it,as almost all of you have gone off in the wrong direction,It was me and my dry humour,and why,the need to hide,user names,Nothing more,Just me, the Court Jester,as named by a weegie member,who,s right into Mars Bars,and probably Buckie {-)..being his inquisitive self,

first of all,It was never about showing Email address,s or Not showing them,It was never about showing locations,
My only reason for starting was, to comment on those  members who hide their user names,at the bottom of the page,
As for the identity of guests,this is not an issue, because,..."i hope i,m right in saying this",...they can,t reply to a topic anon,

Wullie

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 09:51:11 am »

One thing worth remembering here is that there is nothing to stop anyone using a bogus location and e-mail address anyway.

Lets face it at the end of the day we rely on people being honest and what ever we put in place will not stop that or stop the dishonest ones doing what they want.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:26 am »

Some guests are, no doubt, robots* sent from Google, Bing and other search engines, trawling the threads and collating data.

*Not like that. These robots are little bits of software that check out sites and return info so that the search engines can rank and rate them.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Wasyl

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:27 am »

I thought that only happened in Sci-Fi films, :o.you,re not serious are you,I,ve heard people speak about virus security etc,but i,don,t really know what it is,I ve had this laptop for nigh on 7 years,and it works fine without any of this security stuff,although now and again i see a little worm-like creature,wearing  what looks like glasses  lurking in the lower  right hand corner of my screen,but I just chase him away with my cursor and he disappears for a while, then he re-appears,I never know when he,s going to pop up, but he does,

Wullie

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 12:21:00 pm »

Ah, they're not looking for you and your laptop, Wullie. They're looking at the site content.

For example, if I google "wasyl model boat mayhem" up pop (some of) your comments.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 01:30:15 pm »

Wullie,
Remember "they" are out there  O0 O0 O0

Wasyl

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »

Andy,I just did a google,woooo,you,re right,...is nothing secret anymore,its worse than what Orwell wrote about,..never mind, come 2013 if their predictions are correct,there might be no more Internet,I.ll keep my eye,s peeled watching for that Ginormous flare that they say will be ejected from the currant Bun {-)

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 01:34:09 pm »

Wullie,
Remember "they" are out there  O0 O0 O0

Thats it, put the wind up Wullie, {:-{next time that little creature appears on my screen, he,s gonna get what for,

Wullie

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

Ah, they're not looking for you and your laptop, Wullie. They're looking at the site content.

For example, if I google "wasyl model boat mayhem" up pop (some of) your comments.

Andy

I did this for my name and there are over 28,000  results.  Do I win a prize or should I hide in the cupboard ?   :} :} :}

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

Panic
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 08:49:11 pm »

There,s no place to hide Ken....there,s no place to hide
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 08:55:55 pm »

Don't tell me you haven't tried it     8)

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Wasyl

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:05 pm »

There,s always somewhere to hide,you just have to find the right place,..like on here for instance,there,s 5 hiding as i speak, {-) {-)what better place to hide,but in full view of zillions of people and 30 possible robots, {-)

garston1

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2010, 09:19:42 pm »

I've just googled 'wasyl model boat mayhem' and the second item was my footy i've got for sale, how good is that? :} :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:24 pm »

What kind of name is that for as boat?when i first saw it i was thing fitba  {-)

Wullie

garston1

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:58 pm »

Now what do the Scotch know about football lol  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Wasyl

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:27 pm »

Hmm, I put my muckle big feet in it there  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)legs an a, right up tae ma neck,good one Martin,I,ll remember that,now get yerself back to Chit Chat, {-) {-) {-) {-)

Wullie

ZZ56

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2010, 04:46:17 am »

ZZ  But your entry shows you live in Ontario - if you were to come on the forum looking where you could
get something we would know not to send you down the model shop in London - likewise if something is offered
for sale its handy to know from where the seller is posting - you arent giving your address away by posting your
town or county

Geoff

Well i already have to order most boat-specific supplies online, the only thing stopping me from shopping in the UK are the two Canadian online stores.  :P

It's not so much giving away a street address (spam mailers already got that), it's giving search-bots text to scan so they can send me personalized spam (already started getting that, though...)

also I live in Sudbury, which probably could get mistaken for Sudbury, Suffolk and lead to some hilarious/embarassing conversations. 

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 05:20:26 am »

Sometimes when you register online for a new site they want lots of personal information that they sell on for marketing.

I usually decide not to bother. Or in the options boxes I click Over 70, retired, income less than $15000.
I don't even get spam for denture fix.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 05:51:40 am »

goodness    ......10/10 TT.......... {-)....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Wasyl

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 07:33:05 pm »

Now what do the Scotch know about football lol  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)
One of these days Martin,you,will get it right,...Scotch,is a "whisky"Scots are the people,. {-) {-)

Wullie

elvis

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 07:47:38 pm »

hi all and wull
just had a meal and the jumpsuits a bit tight.
thank you. thank you very much  :-)) :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 11:44:24 pm »

Hi Elvis,...jumpsuit????there is,nt one big enough for you,try a Morph suit there the in thing now, {-) {-)

Wullie
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.