Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: read this warning  (Read 3772 times)

jinks8

read this warning
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:13:06 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I have just received this and thought I'd pass it on as it's serious!

It's also sad state of affairs, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people.

While driving on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out.

But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of. Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car. There is a gang initiative reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a car seat by the road with a fake baby in it, waiting for a woman to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the woman will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT.”

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe. Get started NOW — SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: read this warning
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:25:07 pm »

Please don't pass this on as it is SPAM with eggs!!!

LB

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models

The long Build

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:49:00 pm »

I tend to agree that like most of these it is a Hoax, although not out of the realms of impossibility. And although it is being claimed as a hoax it did Originate according to the above links from an employee from the Relavant TDOC Department but was not an Official Document  :-X

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:50:12 pm »

This is also doing the rounds in OZ  >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*<
It is a hoax and we are advised to dump it  :police: :police:
Most hoaxes have some semblence of truth to con people  >:-o >:-o

mattycoops43

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »

Anything you receive like that, just get on google if your not sure and have a look. I tend to delete first and ask questions later. (exclamation mark deleted to keep the punctuation police happy)

Oh by the way, Face book are about to start charging us to use it, and all our photos are going to be published on a public page.  ok2

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:51:54 pm »

.. And although it is being claimed as a hoax it did Originate according to the above links from an employee from the Relavant TDOC Department but was not an Official Document  :-X

As far as I can see, the hoax did not originate from an employee of TDOC - the statement simply says:

".. The email appears to have been forwarded by a department employee but is not an official TDOC statement..."

which I interpret to mean that the hoax CLAIMS to be from a TDOC employee, not that it actually is.

I am very happy to see that so many people are on top of these hoaxes - they were the bane of my live in an earlier job....

jinks8

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 02:57:23 pm »

SPAM OR NOT IT IS WORTH TAKING NOTE OF

mattycoops43

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 03:55:06 pm »

SPAM OR NOT IT IS WORTH TAKING NOTE OF

I totally disagree, if it has never happened, or even happened once, but is unlikely to ever happen again, why would you want women to be driving around in fear of something that is not going to happen, and make them not likely to help a stranded motorist due to fear of something that is not true.

I believe fear truly is the enemy. if we walk around in fear of bombs, then the terrorists have won, and if we walk around in fear of gang violence, then the gangs have won! Personally I will live for today, and fear nothing, and if I get blown up or something, at least I know I have led a life to the max.

Sorry for the preach, but I am sick of being told I must be afraid of this or that, and most of it is rubbish and just an excuse for someone in power to do something horrible to a minority somewhere. I know there ARE nasty people out there, I am not naive, but I choose to rise above. it is not living in ignorance.

Matt

garston1

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:17:40 pm »

Absolutely right mattycoops, it's not good to induce panic when it's not needed :-))

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:14 pm »

I totally disagree,...I believe fear truly is the enemy.... if we walk around in fear of bombs, then the terrorists have won...

Mattycoops is quite correct.

I might add:

1)  passing false warnings around means that when real warnings need to be passed out meant that they will not be listened to,

2)  scare stories are the standard way an oppressive regime retains its hold on the population. At the moment we have a huge security apparatus left over from the Cold War frantically looking for a new role, and exaggerating every threat they can find to justify their existence. Passing continuous warnings around like this plays right into their hands...  

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

Two words- urban legend- the have always done the rounds and always will do- but now they have the media to circulate them to a much wider audience.

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 03:50:36 am »

Hoaxes are a nuisance.

As well as the problems already listed.

They waste time.
time reading them
time deleting them/checking them out/ or worse passing them on.

If we pass them on we just waste more peoples time.

We are even wasting time discussing it on here.

They also waste a lot of server space at home/in our mailbox/ and on the internet.
Sever space costs money.

A general rule of thumb, if it says things like 'pass this on to everyone you know', then it is a hoax.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.